Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Power steering fittings

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Indecisivebuilder95, Dec 7, 2016.

1. First off, everyone on this site is super helpful I only hope I can help some folk the same ways you guys have helped me. That being said here we go again with me.

I bought a diner cars drive train (1978 f150 with power steering) to go into my car (1963 falcon ranchero with a mustang ii clip.) my question (and i have scoured the interwebs to no avail) is, what fitting is on the pressure side of the pump. I'm running an-6 lines at the rack but I just kind find the other fitting i need for my line to make the line. I have tried to Find this info. I'm hoping someone who has been there, done that, would know. Thanks in advance.

2. Very likely your rack is an O-Ring fitting. The truck pump should be just a standard double flair fitting on pressure side and slip fit with hose clamp on return side. The fittings are generally part of the hose itself.
    The Wizzard

3. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

look for a supplier of circle track parts-they should have -6 fittings for the rack and pump[even though the ford pump isn't used very much]my guess is one of the several available inverted flare to -6 fitting made for a saginaw box will work on the ford pump

4. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

When I was doing my 57 chevy I took the fittings that fit the pump and the box that fit at home went to a hose fab shop the guy made new hoses with new fittings when I went to put them on it fit but was very tight on my new box so I tried the old fitting and it went in easy so instead of messing box up went back to fab shop finding out guy used metric it was very close but would have screwed up box so check fittings if they don't go easy they are most likely the wrong ones

5. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

hello from oz , 5/8 sae and 16mm are close but no cigar , I play with this stuff every day , any decent hydraulic shop should be able to help ,

6. oj

oj

I believe they are doubleflare fittings, like big brake lines. I use Aeroquip steel fittings, you'll have 2 different sizes so order all three available and pick out the 2 you need, they are FCM2963; FCM2964; FCM2965 (1/2, 5/8 & 11/16ths). They'll get you to -6AN. For the pressure side you'll need teflon inner liner on the braid hose, I think you can spike 1000psi, so a 3' piece of that is FCC0603; a -6 Straight hose end #FCM1103 & a 90 is FCM1122.
    Low presure side you can use regular hose with a -6AN pushlock fitting.