Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

The area around Moab (Slickrock Country) and the 4 Corners is just tits. For an Iowa boy it's like being dropped on Mars or something, been there many times and never get tired of it.

I never found anything cool in any cars that I recall, but as a practical joke in high school installed an egg behind a door panel in a buddies POS beater when riding in the back. He probably didn't think it was very cool after several days. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

firstinsteele likes this.
  2. I spotted a 38 Studebaker in a barn yard years ago. After checking it out. I found a 39 Lincoln zephyr pedal car in the rear seat, and it was in great shape. Paid $25. for it. second car from the right. 066.jpg

3. verde742

verde742

this PlymCleanOut 1-10.JPG in a 1934 Plymouth coupe

chiro, czuch, Capt Chap and 6 others like this.
  4. verde742

verde742

when I was 21 I bought a 1937 Dodge "Humpback' panel from a veterinarian, low in the quarter panel was a bottle of "anti-impotent" tablets for farm mammals. (Dispense no-more than two with food) Impotent was not a word any of us had heard of. We KNEW what mammals were.:rolleyes:

Well they tasted "kinda Mint-y good" !!!!! 4 hours ? How 'bout 55 years..?

Mr. Mitchell, the Vet, said ; :eek: O God, Bob, tell me it isn't true, you guys didn't ?

5. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

I bought a 39 ford two door sedan out of the Florida woods that had been sitting there for over 40 years. I found the bones of a dead dog, three full size very nice leather pelts and a full set of 1950s Stewart Warner gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Too bad those $$$ are too new......nice dream, though.

7. verde742

verde742

can't take a joke,? :p sorry

chiro likes this.
  8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I think I posted way back about finding a 22 magnum derringer once. While working part time at an Exxon station, a customer had left his early 60's Rambler that a rod knocking, and it was parked in the lot behind the station. A wrecking yard was supposed to come get the car; at least that's what the owner said. It had been a few weeks, and no one had seen or heard from the guy; the station owner was getting ticked off about it being left for so long. The station owner and I took the keys to check the car out, and in the trunk were two brief cases filled with photographs of "nekkid" women in "artful poses". I guess the guy was some type of amatuer photographer, and it was his "hobby". Guy never came back, never could locate him, and the owner of the station finally had the Rambler towed off, but he kept the two briefcases. I always wondered how the guy got all these women to "pose" for him, and what else he got to do with them; I'm talking about at least a couple hundred different women, and all the photos were the same size and film brand. There was also some other photography equipment in the trunk. Strange but true. P.S. I guess I should have said that most of these women were just Plane Janes, and some were flat out ugly; only a few were attractive. Still like to know that guys 'secret".
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    DBruce, wraymen and hipster like this.
  9. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

I found a giant fossil shark tooth under back seat of a 1971 Plymouth Duster--found a rusted 38 special under front seat of a 64 Ford---found a bag of weed stuffed under the dash of a 69 Roadrunner--too old to smoke

wraymen likes this.
  10. Harland grunder

Harland grunder

I found me

belair likes this.
  11. badvolvo

badvolvo

tore down a 36 chevy to restore. it had set outside for years with broken glass, seat was gone, really nothing in there. when i pulled the cab off, a quarter had fallen through the floor and onto the cab mount. I cleaned it up a bit, thought it was cool, it was a 1936 quarter. Truck is done, quarter will be with it forever.
    Currently doing a 40 coupe, it had 1950's news papers for firewall insulation.

Jet96 and wraymen like this.
  12. Your never too old to smoke...oh the weed, right...gotcha.

13. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Coolest thing I found in an old car?

-my ass.

dan c likes this.
  14. 1936 was the year of the Govt. Mint strike. They only made a dozen Quarters and they were supposedly destroyed. That Quarter could be worth 6 figures at least! .....Ah just kidding.

15. Coolest thing I've found in old cars is old people ! :)

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never really found anything of value in a hot rod but I did lose something in one once when I was a young man...

wraymen, CowboyTed, 56don and 2 others like this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found a rag full of 38 cal bullets in the door panel of a 53 Dodge pickup

18. verde742

verde742

WHO said they found LOVE ?

DBruce likes this.
  19. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

That "Meatloaf" feller said somethin' about paradise and dashboard lights. Hm.

20. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_3177.JPG IMG_3180.JPG I posted about finding this in my Packard quite a while ago. Just found these pics

wraymen likes this.
  21. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_3187.JPG And I found this in the trunk of a '52 NewYorker.

wraymen likes this.
  22. ...found a coil spring compressor in a parts El Camino I bought...and just found a 1941 nickle in my 55 Chev p.u. defroster duct.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Awhile back an old friend was selling a 39 Chevy coupe. Just a body and chassis. Inside the car was the fenders and running boards. At the bottom of the pile of sheet metal was an Offenhouser tri-power w/Rochester carbs. I bought the coupe for 1500.00 and flipped it. I put the intake on the 57 and it is still on there

24. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

When I got my 57 home and started on I found I a black and white photo of it on the drag strip from around 68 or9 it had a 68 chevelle in the other lane

25. HiHelix

HiHelix

Chinese RNB

Attached Files:

26. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Years ago I found 2 teeth in a wrecked car. many years later I met the guy that used to own them, he said someone else lost their foot in the crash. didn't see it.

27. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have much to add but when I got the 49 Ford home from Kansas that is in my avatar the only thing I found was a nice Snap On adjustable wrench. In the other cars I've drug home I've found a few old Pepsi bottles and lots of mice turds.

GreaserJosh13 likes this.
  28. verde742

verde742

GreaserJosh13 likes this.
  29. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

Envelope with german invasion stamps, valuable back then (507.40 Kr) registered mail 1943. Found in Model A Tudor in Norway.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    slack, DBruce and IowaMercMan like this.
  30. thunderplex

thunderplex

Bttt

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016