Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need a stock A sedan measurement...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Awefully specific question, but if any ones got a stock wheel base 29 ford Tudor could you look at something for me?
    IMG_4572.JPG
    It looks like the center of my rear wheels lines up with this second pinstripe behind the back side window. I think I've got it sitting on the frame correctly but I threw a fender on and it doesn't looks quite right. Figure this would tell me if it's me or the fender that's tweaked a bit lol

Thanks guys :)

2. 34FordConv

34FordConv

I don't know what to tell you, that's not a real good measurement point and eyeballing isn't a real measurement. :D
    Does the two frame mount holes at the front door posts line up?

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Lol true. I guess I'm asking for an eye ball measurement then. I laid a yard stick from point to point to get that estimate. All the holes in what's left of my subframe are lined up right on the money.

4. oj

oj

From the bolt hole for the crossmember under the drivers' seat the rear will be about 31 5/8ths

Tim likes this.

5. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Well if all the mount holes line up there really isn't any adjustment to the for and aft on the frame.
    My 29 Tudor looks close to that (Eyeballing it) i guess.

Tim likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks for lending me your eye balls :)

7. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

IMG_0803.PNG This might help , cannot put my hands on my book that has all the measurements

Tim likes this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It does actualy.
    If you look at those types of photos you see the arch of the pickup and Tudor rear fenders are different than the coupes and roadsters.

The way it sat around the tire differently than a coupes would was messing with my head

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  9. On my '28 tudor, the axle centerline & fender peak are both aligned directly straight down from the back edge of the rear window opening. I think your axle is a little too far back.

20161205_212451.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  10. Tim, I have a Ford factory diagram that will help answer your question, but it's too big to post. Message me your email address and I'll email it to you. :)

Tim likes this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wow that is quite a bit different! I'll pm you my email address.

12. 34FordConv

34FordConv

I would suppose it really depends on how you look at it, with the car on the ground, what kind of rake it has etc. If I use the belt line as a level then my axle center line is pretty even with the front edge of the rear window as in the picture posted by Just Gary.

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Another excellent point