Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1965 C/SX Plymouth UFO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AAAresto, Dec 2, 2016.

1. slowmotion

slowmotion

Thanks, I'd have never guessed a difference in material. I get the dome delete for weight savings. I always had and affinity for the 64-65 Belvedere's since the day my best friend's older brother brought home a brand new '65 383/4spd/bench/ hardtop. Great styling on those.

els and loudbang like this.
  2. yep....my family passed around a 65 mordor Belvedere......really nice build going on there !

els likes this.
  3. Beautiful!!

els likes this.
  4. 4406

from Oklahoma

Very nice. Did you try calling Bob Mosher on the headliner?

Ray

els likes this.
  5. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Done right for sure. Is this an A990 car originally? You mention original steel and fiberglass, I gather those are original Chrysler sold fenders and hood? Incredible car and being brought back right.

els likes this.
  6. AAAresto

AAAresto

Yes it is an original A990. The fenders and hood are original to the car and Tignanelli told me he got them from the golden commandos team

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els and mad mikey like this.
  7. marfen

marfen
    from sask

thought so since you were looking for the headliner and aluminum dash. awesome. those original Chrysler sold fiberglass parts are nice solid parts too , I have an original coronet afx hood tucked away that dodged the stack hole all these years. subscribed

els likes this.
  8. AAAresto

AAAresto

I already have an aluminum dash. I would have that coronet hood displayed I think the 63-65 cars are the coolest car money can buy.

els likes this.
  9. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Nice Mopar!

els likes this.
  10. Very cool car!

els likes this.
  11. Cool car...BUT.not really HAMB material

els likes this.
  12. AAAresto

AAAresto

13. Hate to burst your bubble, but Ryan has always dug this kind of car and thus they have always been HAMB friendly.

14. fourspd340

fourspd340

15. Dang, that's just bitchin'!
    I remember when those altered wheelbase Mopars first came out, and saw some (AFX) run at Thunderbolt Dragstrip in Jacksonville. Be still my heart!
    Great restoration!

els likes this.
  16. slowmotion

slowmotion

I'd really like to hear this explained.

els likes this.
  17. "traditional hot rods and customs"...

els likes this.
  18. Beautiful work.

What did you do to restore the wheels? Media blasting? Machined rims? Other? They look awesome!

els likes this.
  19. Ryan also likes sex but not as a HAMB topic

els likes this.
  20. a super stock or a/fx car is as traditional as they come. the whole hot rod scene does not consist of limp dick 90hp flat heads and tri five chevies. the hamb is good through 1965.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    caseyajones, els, mad mikey and 5 others like this.
  21. slowmotion

slowmotion

Simple enough...

Check the rules Capt'n...

els likes this.
  22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ryan puts on a drag race every year so he must like drag race cars.

els, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  23. the traditional way to not see a/fx car on the hamb is to not open the thread in the first place. ryan is the hamb police not you. post away on that cool ufo afx. that car is way cool and received a lot of magazine coverage in its day.

24. AAAresto

AAAresto

I had the wheels steel ball burnished in a tumbler. They go in as dirty as hell and come out like this every time. Virtually no hand work at all

els, 62hotcat and Just Gary like this.
  25. And thus , that's why it's listed in the Hokey Ass Message board, not under traditional hot rods and customs. Simple enough and 1965 is fine and dandy year wise also. Move on if you don't like it here and how about we get back on subject... Bitch'n Car.

els, mad mikey, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  26. Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  27. jimdillon

jimdillon

Looks really great to me. Restoring these drag cars back to their glory days is appreciated by many of us as you know. Thanks for your efforts in restoring and posting it as well.

28. AAAresto

AAAresto

Back on subject. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Replaces oil filter with a line out for a pressure gauge and doesn't appear to be "homemade". It was on the car back in the day and I have asked a number of people. With the wealth of knowledge on here I'd hope someone could identify it.[​IMG]

els likes this.
  29. guffey

guffey

It looks like an oil filter delete plate. They probably changed oil every week or more, and felt no need for a filter ?? I had not seen one til this one ?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    els likes this.
  30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No help on the oil filter gig, but I'd like to see the upholstery material if you have or have a link to what it should be. I'll dig up the ph number in the next day or 2, but a guy bought a pant load of remnant fabrics and vinyls at a recent auction. I took down his number after I made a mental note of what he had. The auction was from a pack rat hoarder type up near Utica. Being in the resto gig myself I run into all kinds of shit that folks have. My girl (lady really) that does the trim work also has old world contacts from a lifetime in the game. Might be a total miss, might pull off the 'blind squirrel' trick.