Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. ty carstarphen

ty carstarphen

Long time reader. First time poster. Own a 1940 Chevy Coupe. Stock wheels and want to know if I can squeeze these on my 16x6 rims? Wider is always better right? These are just a real good deal so I want to grab them up if they will work. Thanks for this help and all the other help I have found through this forum in the past.
    [​IMG]

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. They might squeeze on BUT your original 600-16's were like just 4" wide.
    Last year I went to the Coker bias look alike radials and stayed with wide WW 600R-16 for the front but got 700R-15 for the rear and ordered new original rim look alike Smoothies in 16x6 & 5.5" wide for the rear
    From the Coker catalog they recommend wheel widths of 6-8' for the 225 & 235 x 7.5-16.
    If the deal is good enough it could help offset the cost on new rims.
    On my 600R16 & 700R16 they recommend 4-5" rims.
    Jimmie

3. ty carstarphen

ty carstarphen

Thanks Jimmie. Saved me a couple hundred bucks. I can now afford to make other mistakes

4. They'll work but need inner tubes. and if mounting on late model wheels you'll hafta drill out the valve stem holes in the wheels to fit inner tube's larger diameter valve stems.

5. ty carstarphen

ty carstarphen

Thanks Willbe and Jimmy again. Well the guy called back and needed cash today. Best time to buy I guess. Picked up four with inner tubes for $600 delivered. Even if I have to locate rims and/or drill the old ones I think I did well.

6. You did.