Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Master cylinder done...... Time for some clean up work and build the rest of the motor mount. No rain this weekend so it's gonna be time to hit the streets........................::::::::::::::::::::..:......
    And yes it works like a charm. All the geometry is spot on. I couldn't of done better myself. Wait I did do it myself. Never mind. Carry on.:p:p:p:p:p

63fdsnr and volvobrynk like this.
  2. image.jpg Here's the best part nothing hanging down under the frame.ohhhhh

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. image.jpg Sweet Jesus. I'm un stoppable.
    This will be in her tomorrow. It's all the little things that make it the
    "Holy grail" hotrod....

timmy2times, Jeff34, Tim and 3 others like this.
  4. image.jpg image.jpg You be the judge.

Jeff34 and volvobrynk like this.
  5. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You should patent your setup, Bruce. I think I commented earlier on this, but it bears repeating. You have the first such creation yet it will be on lots of rods as time passes, I'll bet. All Ford parts ? Henry would be proud of you. Here we go ! !

paintslinger805 likes this.
  7. Finally got caught up again with the build. As for the Rt.66 tour...Damn! I wish I had a 32! 'cause I wanna go too!
    Oh well... take and share lots of pictures.

paintslinger805 likes this.
  8. You don't need a 32 to come along. Any old car would be cool and hell even a truck and trailer wood work cuz you never know how far those junk, worthless, under powered crappy flattys will make it before they over heat and crack and blow up....:D

9. It's funny, me and grandpa were talking about the cars over heating going out to el mirage back in the day. I asked him about it because everyone now a days say they are junk and over heat when boarded out and such, he said he NEVER over heated even when racing out there in 100+ degrees. Or going over the mountains and he said he couldn't remember anybody over heated or broke down on the way out to the lakes. He rembers guys breaking down/blowing parts up out at the lakes and if know had the parts out there to fix it, then they would leave the car out there and get a ride back to Pasadena grab parts and go back out and fix it and drive it back home. Crazy to think how the times have changed. I wouldn't leave my car any where.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Patents are worthless in today's day Gary. China don't care. They cost to much and don't hold up in federal court. I know this first hand. The government will always let the BIG GUYS with millions steal your patent because they know you don't have the money to fight it all the way through. You don't think we are being controlled by a ONE world government, just invent something and send it to china to have it made cheaply and within 6 months it will be copied and repackaged and sold everywhere in he world. Maybe trump can change that....

KiwiGlen likes this.
  11. I'm happy with everyone here on the hamb seeing the brake set up before I lay down the wood floor. I thought about how to do that for a few months now along with everything else iv done . And once the floor is in it's just another 32 roadster with juice brakes. Guys that are in the know will look it over up and down at shows and wonder how it has juice brakes when they look under the car and don't see anything hangin down. It will make good talking piece. It was a lot of work to make everything fit and get all the geometry right with the pedals, shift rods, and master cylinder set up. If I start seeing people copy me then in my own mind I will know what I did was worth doing kinda like back when my grandpa was playing with his car when someone in the club came up with something new that worked everyone copied it. So copy on y'all. Maybe I put lexan floor in it so everyone can see it.

Stogy likes this.
  12. I am sure this will be done by many and now we all know "WHO" done it "FIRST"
    Some cool beans right here...

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PaintSlinger I for one always appreciate the creative genius of mankind. If I was to duplicate what one has done I will give them credit and praise of having great intellect to create or find an adequate solution, robust enough to safely execute it's required purpose. I would also be proud of just replicating with integrity what you or others have done. I would never boast and make false claims...its a form of ethics. Thanks for sharing your ingenuity...and otherwise...;)...oh and throw a vintage plexiglass aviation window in the floor...why not...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  14. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Really nice brake setup, takes away any chance of linkage failure.
    Here's a pic with one setup with a dual reservoir master.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Looks like I'm not the first to do it. Great minds think alike. Looks like that set up has no return spring and a billet master cylinder sticking up higher than the floor would be. I used a 40 ford master. I like my idea better. Billet is for street rods.:D Those weren't for sale in 1948.
    I'm not the first nor will I be the last. I can't take any credit for it unless he just built that last night.;)

383deuce, Stogy and thommoina33 like this.
  16. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

No, I'd flick the billet junk as well, I like your setup but I'd probably run a dual circuit master just for peace of mind. Keep going with the build, love it how it's progressing.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Byakk0

Byakk0

Sweet build. Love the car, the story and the history--not in that order but all at once :)
    Just found your build the other day.

As for paint, if you ever come to it, I think it would look cool to fake a rusty body, but more than that make it look like some of the old grey primer has sun faded away to leave the rusty patina in areas.
    I'm somewhat torn between suggesting paint on the white lettering and leaving it primered/flat finished and just keep a thick chuck of white chalk in the roadster so you can do up the outside however you want, just like your Grandpa would have done back in the day.
    Looks cool as it is. Looking forward to the rest of the story. :)

GBhotrods likes this.
  18. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Looks great. Just one thing, put a lock nut or a tack weld on the threaded rod between the brake pedal clevises. That stuff has a tendency to unread itself from vibration.

19. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

It's ALL been done before....we should ALL be a little more humble.
    Johnny

20. o_O:confused::rolleyes:
    Let's not forget these pictures are for moc up purposes only. Still have to take back apart and get everything painted, bailing wired, cotter pinned, and duck taped up for that scta inspection before race day. :D Hypersonicccccccccccccc

timmy2times likes this.
  21. image.jpg All it needs is the Midas touch and the napa know how....

timmy2times likes this.
  22. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOVE IT ! ! ! !

23. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lexan ? Now there is another idea of yours that could catch on. Seriously, you are like Henry himself when it comes to thinking up something then making it work. Your ride will be unique among most which aren't.

24. image.jpg Dennis I got the kingbee bucket today. As soon as I opened the box I went holy shit I may finally found the long lost home to a old cats eye lens iv had for years. So I went looking and finally found it. Just so happens I was careless and threw my old pan head Harley transmission on top of the box and broke it. I guess some clear silicone may hold it together. But check it out. Thank you so much for the light I owe ya big time. Your the man.

timmy2times likes this.
  25. Bruce, Great, but now you have me wondering where the hell is the other part I sent ya??? Sure hope it is not lost in the dam mail. I sent it before the King Bee fog light.
    The cats eye looks great even with the crack across it. Now ya have another part to look for at the swapmeet as you need the mount arm for the light. Let me know if you don't get the antana and I will put a tracer on it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  26. Yea no antenna yet. I'm hoping it's here today. I will let you know by days end.
    Do you have a picture of how the bulb sits in the light. Does it take a round deflector with a socket? I might of had one and thrown it away figuring I'd never use it.

27. sololobo

sololobo

amazing history, thanx, and best wishes on your project

28. I just have a regular seal beam light (yellow) in the one on my roadster. The seal beam blub has 2 wire posts on the back of it to attach a ground wire that is in the side of the bucket and your hot wire feeding in from power source.

timmy2times likes this.