Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects why don't hot rodders like them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutter_street_rodder, Dec 2, 2016.

1. You must be just wrong. Everyone loves those 40-41 Ford trucks.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A good friend of mine who has built and or restored several well known customs has the term "Over exposed" He isa lucky enough to have enough cars in the stable that he can rotate which one he takes to an event and he usually doesn't take the same car to the same event two years in a row.
    It may not be that the local rodders don't like your truck but that they have seen it so many years and so often that they just pass it up and go on to the fresher builds or new to the area rigs. it's damned well not because folks don't like that style of truck. Next season pick an event that is far enough out of your home area that few if any rodders there will know your truck and it will draw interest as it is fresh to the folks that are there.

A few things that come to mind about my own car and truck looking at events that may say something about why or why folks don't pay much attention to the truck besides the idea that they have seen it at a lot of events before.

Personally I often don't walk up and seriously look at a car or truck at a show if:
    Someone and especially a child is sitting in the vehicle.
    A vehicle that the family and friends of the owner have set up camp around with clutter around it so you have to step over a blanket or around a cooler or cut out part of the car in a photo because of the clutter around it.
    You can look all though my albums of events on Photobucket and you will very seldom see a car that has a big showboard in front of it at an outdoor event unless it is a damned special rig and the showboard adds explanation for the folks who may see the photos later.
    If the owner acts like and ass when people do come around the rig. .

LOU WELLS, rc57 and Thor1 like this.
  3. das858

das858

I like your truck, and the wheels and tires! It has to be the single most popular pick-up to hot rod.

4. aaggie

aaggie

Trucks are King in Texas. You can pick up more women with an old Chevy C10 than a new Rolls Royce.

5. nutter_street_rodder

nutter_street_rodder
    from Nevis MN

Mr48Chev, you might be right. I never thought about it being around so long. But still seems all go to coupes and roadsters. Kinda like the 4 door guys don't get any repect either

6. Slopok

Slopok

Maybe you live too close to Mark Moriarity and the people are bored with seein' cool rides.:rolleyes:

Moriarity, falcongeorge and rc57 like this.
  7. Roothawg

Roothawg

8. trey32

trey32

40's trucks rock, imagine all the kool trucks we would have gotten if it weren't for Hitler fuckin that all up...

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Cool trucks never go out of style. 40-41 Fords have always been near the top of the list.

10. You have to ask yourself why do you own it.

What kind of attention do you actually want?

Like others have said, those are popular trucks. I don't see a problem. I'd love one.

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ryan is lookin for one if you are gettin bored and want to see the truck get famous around here:D

12. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I can take my: beat-up, rusty, faded paint 41 to almost any car show and everyone is all over it, and members of my racing club Jones over it. when I mention fixing and painting it, there is a riot.

13. I'll take it, then I won't have to build mine!
    I've wanted one forever. They're hard to find over here. Either very expensive or totally rotten.
    40-41's are the new deuce.

14. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Well you're wrong! :p

15. wicarnut

wicarnut

NICE RIDE ! Thinking them 40 pickups are KOOL ! Don't see alot of them, usually nice rides, Only draw back to any of the old pickups IMO is they are small, especially when you chop top some, had a gentleman years ago wanting to trade me his 40 PU chop top for my Roadster, walked up and looked at it, very KOOL ride, Sat in it and it was as bad as my Roadster, maybe worse because of space above windshield, he was a skinny short guy, myself, 5'10" 210#, I'm not a small guy. You must be comfortable in yours for 50 years, WOW ! Have not met many people that have kept the same ride that long. Enjoy !

16. Trucks are very popular and loved here in PA. You have a great looking ride!

17. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

I love your truck just as it is. If it were mine I wouldn't change a thing cept to add center caps to the wheels.

Texas57 likes this.
  18. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm just thirty miles south of you. If the burden is to much to bear I'll take it!

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  19. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Its a great looking truck. I don't care what other people say, if you like it, that's all that matters.
    Tony

20. Many years ago at the Raleigh fair grounds flea market, this guy would unload his 40 red p/u of his goods, always loved that truck and to this day wonder if it's not sitting in a garage waiting for me!! The guy was older than me, but him and his wife really loved it....from the day I saw it, I've always wanted a 40/41.... IMHO....a great model

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

I'm not sure why your truck didn't catch on like the 73 Ford Currier or the 83 Chevy Luv. Now those are hard to get!

Just say NO

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Low loud and sideways around a corner ? Being driven like an idiot with no regard for himself or for the vehicle or anything else ? A real show of class mentally or otherwise :rolleyes: :p :D

23. heritic88

heritic88

Meh class is overrated

If at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer, and if then you don't succeed, get a beer.

24. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I went to a car show in a town 30 miles away this past August. It was a very hot, humid day, so much so that I spent little time looking at the 100 or so vehicles there with the exception of a very nicely done red '40 pickup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. afaulk

afaulk

Nice truck, nice wheels. Let everyone else put the wheels they like on their own
    truck.

little red 50 likes this.
  26. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I would say coupes and roadsters probably garner more attention then most trucks the same year where applicable. But everyone likes trucks, my older shop trucks used as daily drivers always draws smiles and attention. Auctions featuring trucks are getting prices I never thought I would see.

27. deucemac

deucemac

Don't listen to theses people, they are mistaken. It is butt ugly and on Tuesday I help you out of your misery. I will come by and remove that eyesore and will replace it with one of the most beautiful cars ever made. A 1951 Nash 4 door! I know that as soon as you see it, you will fall in love! I will quietly dispose of that ugly truck so you need not worry any more. I am doing this purely as a public service. No need to thank me.

28. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

My thoughts exactly. On this site it will always be caps and rings but in the rest of the world aluminum and magnesium always wins. I always check out the 40 pickups but it has been my experience that almost always when I am checking one out, the owner is nowhere to be found. Out looking at others cars, getting something to eat, visiting, who knows? You are probably getting more attention than you think you are.

29. I love the slots, always thought they were bad ass, had them on several cars and trucks.

30. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

In my estimation they are the best looking pickups of that era much better looking than dodge or Chevy trucks