Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects State of the Hitchhiker. New 1928/1934/1955 Fords for me.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Dec 2, 2016.

1. So, been pretty busy lately. Still driving the 1931 model A truck daily and collecting parts for the restoration of the old channeled hot rod... But I also managed to aquire a few new things.

First off, I got this 34 truck cab and found a very nice frame for it. I am currently building it till someone likes it more than me or its finished and I decide to keep it or the 31. It will be patina with a flathead, dropped axle, juice brakes. Typical hot rod shit.

1480709341655.jpg

The next thing I did about 2 months ago is pick up a 28 roadster body. I ended up assembling it with a stock frame and driveline. Its basically just a thrown together project. But I was able to sell it and turn a nice profit on it.

1480709494840.jpg
    1480709530420.jpg

Which leads me to this....

1480709576835.jpg

My new 1955 Ford Customline. I picked this up yesterday. Got it cleaned up. It was filthy dirty and got it running. It's got heat and wipers and a radio! My plans are to fix the stupid shit wrong with it like missing screws in the interior and locks that don't work. Fix the mechanical stuff wrong with it like a carb rebuild and new tires. Then I will drive it thru the winter and sell it next spring/summer. Should be a fun little car!

Any suggestions on tire sizes? I'm thinking 6.70x15 white walls plus Aerostar coils and lowering blocks...I'll keep you guys posted as they progress.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

cactus1, Blues4U, Texas Webb and 3 others like this.
  2. I've no idea on tire size, just wanted to say, be carefull messing around with these newer cars, they may spoil you.
    All those mod cons will make them thirties Ford's obsolete.

I'm joking, looks like your having way to much fun with old cars.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  3. scotts52

scotts52

Sweet. You must be living right!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  4. Go man go!

Hitchhiker likes this.

5. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

6. SR100

SR100

The Hitchhiker went late model? Who'da thunk it?

Tim likes this.
  7. Very cool! FWIW I have 7.10-15 on my '50 Merc which is the stock size.

8. 1 day in and the heater is already making me soft!

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. 12 year old me would be very proud!
    Vroom vroom
    All that ufo technology from wwII is really paying off.
    Further proof that the world is coming to an end...I have a theory that the Mayan's were just off by 16 years....
    That they do!
    Cool! 7.10x15 was standard on the converts and wagons. Definitely in consideration.

Early Ironman likes this.