Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////Friday Art Show12_02_2016\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Dec 2, 2016.

1. sololobo

sololobo

nice signage Gary (2nd. chance)

Jigger likes this.
  2. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Bowtie and Briars? IMG_3041.JPG

3. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the tips...Im still trying to figure this stuff out. I have a copier handy so I am going to photocopy some of the ones ive already done and try shading the copies so I don't ruin the originals...not that the originals mean a whole lot but I would like to look back and track my progress Thanks again

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That's a good idea! And I totally get it, I was terrified of screwing up something that was heading in the right direction for a long time.

And to the person who asked everything I posted is acrylic paint on some acrylic/gouache paper :)

5. jnaki, I really enjoy your stories. A surfer, a 40 delivery, a Willies, The west coast beach scene. That's a cool life style. As you asked about last weekend. The water and air temps were in the 60s. Not that bad. Back in the day, I had a 34 Dodge Woody. I never drove it all that far, as it was all original. Sadly its is one of the few cars that got away. I will try and find some pictures of it. Keep the cool stories and Art work coming. Tim and Ron Brown I really like your work. I do the same thing. I just use a #2 pencil and an a big eraser. When I'm happy with it, I then make copies before I try adding shading or colors, as that's when things go bad sometimes. lol Ron...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    jnaki and Ron Brown like this.
  6. jet96 I like rusty Art. An old 34 Chrysler ,I used old black and white film. 064.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  7. smarjoram

smarjoram
    from uk

Wow, loads of great stuff this week! Loved the sand-car. December for me means I'm doing my daily Advent sketches. I'm carrying on last year's theme of 'my favourite cars' - because 24 wasn't enough. Have started this set with a friend's terrific Austin 7 special (with a flat-twin aero engine) and the 1915 5 litre Bugatti board track racer...
    AD16 01s.jpg
    AD16 02s.jpg

8. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Really awesome Ron. You did an amazing job of recreating that vintage look.

9. Lepus

Lepus

Spoggie, please post more water colors, They're my favorite thing on the FAS. Smarjoram, your drawings are amazing too. Here's 2 photos, one from a Jalopy Showdown. fas trusk.JPG fas crackely.JPG

10. Lepus

Lepus

Two small projects. First is 3 printer's blocks about 2 inches square. I sprayed them flat black, wet sanded the top surfaces down to the copper with 600 grit, then clear coated them. Then I machined brass bars with a dovetail to fit the back of the blocks, to hold them up at a slight angle. the second is a waterjet cut piece based on the V8 symbol on a '33 Ford advertising token. fas print1.JPG fas print2.JPG fas v8.JPG

Stogy, exartist, pwschuh and 18 others like this.
  11. Buzznut

Buzznut

Those printers blocks are awesome!

Spoggie likes this.
  12. Sneaking in.....
    IMG_7560_A4polohdrorthdrbrtntlogo50.jpg

13. The wife and I with our old 38 coupe 056.jpg

14. A little late, just came in from the garage. Bad cold this week but have this sign almost done. Have some sketches too but I need to find them.:eek: Anyway this sign will go in my garage if I can find some wall space:rolleyes:.

IMG_9843.JPG

15. Ruben, Outstanding. I want it. Great work! Made my day.

Animal and Jigger like this.
  16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ron, judging from the aim of that blaster she is holding, I take it this was the day you proposed? Nice fatty too and I don't mean the coupe :cool:.

upload_2016-12-2_13-48-39.png

slack, biggeorge, Ron Brown and 2 others like this.
  17. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damnnnn.....these are cool.

18. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

19. Love Your Work!

Tim likes this.
  20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks man :)

21. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2016-12-2_5-17-27.png
    Hi Ron,
    Thank you for the nice comments. I was a hard core hot rod enthusiast first from the early Rod and Custom days. Then after our Willys met its tragedy, I learned to surf. If my brother surfed...you know the old sibling rivalry, I had to learn. I took my bumps, head knocks, cut lip and constant laughing from my brother. But, in 1964, I distinctly remember that he told me he was proud that I had become such a good surfer and actually better than him. I was floored and happy that I got some recognition from someone that I looked up to from the early years.
    Being the younger one, I always saw that he got to do stuff first and had success in a lot of endeavors . I was happy that he showed me the ropes on engine rebuilding and welding. He was pretty good at most mechanical stuff and it rubbed off on me. Now, I am confident in doing stuff I learned as a preteen and teenager from him. So, I guess brotherhood has some advantages...
    Thanks,
    Jnaki
    I wish I had some stuff he drew back in those days...He was very good at intricate stuff...meshing gears, etc. The mechanical drawing class in junior high school paid off...

22. jnaki

jnaki

sorry for the massive amount of I's...

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stuff I'm working on for the Artist at Large Kustom Kulture party.

[​IMG]

Hope to see ya guys this weekend.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Absent or not the FAS keeps me motivated for creating new automotive artwork...

A new custom sign this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

IMG_4514.JPG Got it finished!

IMG_4513.JPG Really proud of these pieces I did for Mcphail's show this Sunday :) hopefully they go over
    Well :)

26. ^ Nice 'A' TIM!

Thank you. I've got the gear to do some more..

27. Have you guys seen MAMBO, Reg Mombassa & his 'Australian Jesus'? You could check it out..

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Didn't take many photos of the show was to busy chatting but here are a handful and more should be popping up online :)

IMG_4563.PNG IMG_4535.JPG IMG_4555.JPG IMG_4547.JPG IMG_4561.JPG

Had to have been 20 cool rides show up, around 50 vendors and a good couple thousand people threw the doors.

Saw people shooting photos for bob bonds auto art magazine, the rodders journal and a few others so hopefully they got the good stuff! All my photos are just crowds or cars :/ sorry

29. Thanks Tim. I hope you had fun. On the pics of cool rides, do you have any more on the Blue Apache pickup?
    Looks cool!