Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods We never learn!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 325w, Nov 1, 2016.

1. image.png My first 54. Year was 1963

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

If you go to car shows there are so many small blocks in the old Chevies they are just HO HUM & boring. They are trying to be different "just like all the others" & they are just all alike.
    The 235 works quite well for me in my 46 Coupe and gets much more looks & conversations from the spectators than the V8's do.
    Jimmie

3. Gas tank out today. Has a gallon are so of gas in it. Had to be good gas at one time cause it don't stink to bad.

4. Forgot how much trouble the master cylinder was to remove. Got that out and turned to motor over with a pry bar. Turned smooth. Plugs are not tight and it has marvel in the cylinders. It'll come out and one of you six guys in the DFW area needs to come get it.

hotcoupe likes this.
  5. Got Waltons swinging pedal for the 54. Nice piece. A couple of bits of adjusting and it'll work. Ordered other items and one the trans crossmember didn't come. The had notified before they shipped the pedal. The invoice had a hand written note telling this again. I'm liking doing business with them.

6. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Great looking car. That Walton's has some really nice stuff for 49-54 Chevy's.

7. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

heres mine----- ya right j/k---

Durbinspeedshop likes this.
  8. Made the attempt to remove the trans mount crossmember today. Installing the Walton crossmember. The rivets are some kinda stout. Ground heads off. Got out the air chisel. Got tired came in showered and watch tv. Try again tomorrow.

9. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

You might try drilling the rivets. I remember that it was a tough job when I did mine but I do not remember how I got them out. I am using the stock cross member that I modified for the 200r transmission mount. I do plan to take it out again soon and modify it to make the center section removable instead of the whole unit. My car has the power brake unit under the floor and this complicates removing the whole cross member to remove the transmission.

This week I am finishing up the panels I made for the dash. I made my gauge cluster out of fiberglass. The center panel where the speaker grille and ash tray are located and the glove box door are also one off fiberglass pieces. I like a smooth dash.

John

10. Makes it a 180, doesn't it?

brEad likes this.
  11. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with SBC's, they are a hell of an engine. However, again, IMO, there are places they don't belong, namely old Mopars.

Damn nice '54 there 325w.

afaulk likes this.
  12. afaulk

afaulk

I totally agree. Everything has it's place and time.

13. Got the four hour job of installing the Walton crossmember today. Only took me three days.
    Walton piece fit like a glove. Next step installing the 55 rear housing. Then off to get the 1/4's and the tail pan replaced.

14. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

Outstanding! Made my day

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Free 55 Chevy rear end assembly is in place. Car is rewired. Used a Chevy pu ignition switch. NOS car switches cost a bunch more. Modified the headlight switch retainer to work with a later model headlight switch. Waiting on my turn to get the rust repair done. Another week are so. EMS panel are here waiting. Time to run the brake lines.

16. Go Man Go! Looks Good.

17. Done lots of side glass in tri 5 Chevys. First time doing a 54 quarter glass. My goodness what a job. Have no idea how I got the left side out. Hope I learn doing the right side. Deep channel in there to catch water. Regulator mounts on the inside of the panel not inside the quarter. Good thing is all parts are reuseable.

Dan Hay likes this.
  18. Tackled the king pins before doing the brakes. Right side needs an upright changed that's next. Little at a time.

little red 50 likes this.
  19. RMONTY

RMONTY

I really enjoyed seeing your project last week when I picked up the steering box from you. When you get ready to tackle that spindle support let me know and I will come give you a hand if you need it. I just rebuilt the front end for my 52 so it's all still pretty fresh in my mind. Keep up the impressive good work!

20. IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0610.JPG

307 headed in the hole

brEad, Jet96, 36brothers and 2 others like this.
  21. Thank you Monty. I got the right upright replaced. Had to order parts.

22. IMG_0630.JPG More done

cactus1 likes this.
  23. Tuesday is the day. Going to get the rust removed and the EMS parts installed. Fingers crossed pockets emptied. Yes Larry (rip) I'll post pics on Tuesday so it happened!!

Attached Files:

brEad and Jet96 like this.
  24. missysdad1

missysdad1

Keep up the good work, Dick. Lookin' good!

25. IMG_0695.JPG Set for surgery

cpd682, little red 50 and pat59 like this.
  26. little red 50

little red 50

Your car reminds me of mine when I got it, rust in the same places way better than a lot of them I've seen. Nice car! Looks like we almost had the same game plan. Small block chevy etc....
    HPIM3043.JPG

quick85 and brEad like this.
  27. IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0742.JPG A bit more done

quick85, brEad and Chavezk21 like this.