Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Is there an online parts store that...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iwanaflattie, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Hey guys.
    Is there a good parts store that you guys trust or recommend?
    I've been looking all over Las Vegas for parts for a c10 and they only have 1 or 2 in stock and prices are twice as much as online..
    I want to get all my parts from one supplier and not have mismached parts.
    I.e:gold left rubber hose,silver right hose etc.
    I need rebuild break kits,rubber hoses,shocks,and suspension parts.
    Thanks

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Hell, brake parts first place I'd check is my local NAPA. Same with suspension pieces, unless your drinking the factory correct, #'s matching, kool-aid. Not myself, but friends have had good experiences with this place for non parts store items:
    http://www.luttyschevy.com/rt-3987-catalog-downloads.html

3. I like NAPA, but I only like a NAPA store that has "seasoned guys" who can go to a shelf and pull a part for me, without getting their head stuck in a computer, and insisting on a year before they hit the keyboard.

Flathead Dave and scrapiron like this.
  4. Thanks ill check napa again...usually thay are twice as much tho.
    Ebay wants 90 for a set of shocks while getting them at carquest costs 80 just for the front.
    Ill give em a visit tho.
    Thanks

5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

RockAuto.com I've used them extensively with minimal issues.
    You need to find out if Las Vegas has an "old school" independent auto parts store, where real car guys work . The kind of place where you can walk in with a problem and discuss it with the people there and come up with a solution.

6. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Careful with online places... you might get two of the same part from the same online places but one is from one supplier and one is from another.

I was happy to find an sbc fuel pump for a fraction of what napa was charging. I picked up 3 for the same price... then replaced 3 leaky fuel pumps from online with the one from napa.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Luckily, RockAuto.com will show you the available options for the part you are looking for, so you can avoid the the problem manufacturers.

Texas57 likes this.
  8. Rock auto is good, I have also used Original Parts Group with good results.

9. williebill

williebill

Just remember, cheap shit is, well, cheap shit.
    I don't have any money, but I don't buy car stuff online just cause it's the cheapest.

Hnstray likes this.
  10. What if its the same manufacturer as the reliable store?
    Thanks...ill browse rock auto

11. I've not had 1single issue with Amazon. Approaching 100 transactions so I'm expecting one anytime now. My wife has the Prime membership so it's free shipping on anything that is prime.
    Helps greatly if you have your part numbers.
    I needed dorman part for an OT car. Local stores were $120 - 110 range.
    Amazon $63.xx there's a hell of a savings. All over the Internet including Jegs and summit the part was under $70.00. The brick and mortar stores can't seem to keep up competitively. It's sad because they will be gone.

Oh and I get fuel perks for Amazon gift cards and that help even more!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  12. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I agree. That is why I like RockAuto --> I have a choice in the quality of the part I'm interested. Last year, I needed front brake calipers for an OT 1969 Impala. I went to Napa. They only had one side and it was in Alaska and I had to pay for shipping. I went to buy that one and all of a sudden it was back ordered. RockAuto had none. I checked Amazon and I bought them for half the price of the Napa caliper. No problems with them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  13. Classic Industries is great for Chevy truck parts. I like Rock Auto and buy a lot of day-to-day parts from Summit.

I had a NAPA that was close to work and quite good. That store closed and I tried another one. After getting soaked $100 bucks for having 2 axle bearings pressed on (just the press charge) and the fact they stocked nothing I needed, I have gone elsewhere. I buy a good amount of parts on eBay too.

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've done enough business with JEGS and SUMMIT that I cant even see any paint on any of my garage equipment through their stickers. Free delivery, and how they get stuff to me in 2 days blows my mind. Drones maybe?

15. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Over the years I've had good luck with LMC Truck.

slack, mgtstumpy and wraymen like this.
  16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have you checked with over in Henderson at Tucker's Classic Auto Parts

17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I shop at my local Napa so they keep the doors open

Hnstray likes this.
  18. I did stop at the napa and it was only a few bucks higher than online so got all my parts for a brake overhaul!

19. deuce666

deuce666
    from Oregon

I have also had good luck with LMC and Amazon. Amazon has very good pricing, free shipping with PRIME, and are usually quick and reliable with shipping. The online web app with LMC is one of the best in the internet.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. tjelwood

tjelwood
    from oklahoma

I work for O'reillys but have had good luck with RockAuto when O'reillys doesn't have what I'm looking for and they do.

milwscruffy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Let me say that They only had one side brake line and left side cylinder so i had to order them...theyll be her tomorrow

22. Lmc is a great source, and as said above a great internet site for info and weird parts. If they don't have it you ain't going to get it.
    but you're not going to be saving money

23. I've dealt with Northwestern Auto Supply in Grand Rapids Michigan for over twenty years and never had a problem. BONUS: When you call you actually get someone who knows what they are talking about! Sometimes the owner answers the phone! They have a website also. Let me get it and i'll post it.

EDIT: www.northwesternautosupply.com

Address: 1101 Division St. South Grand Rapids MI 49507
    800-704 1078

24. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I'll give a +1 for Rock Auto. The way they organize their parts database is simple, effective, and very easy locate parts. Prior to using Rock Auto I used O'Reilly's often. Now a days, if I don't want to wait on shipping from Rock, or don't have a large enough of an order to justify the shipping from them I often use Advance Auto. If you place your order on-line and pick up in store you can often get a 15-20% discount. I rarely walk up to a parts counter anymore.

25. Of course I bought my parts at Napa oon Thursday when I was in Vegas.
    I ordered the Left brake hose cuz they didnt have it in stock and picked it up the next day..
    I didnt have time to install them til tonight,Murphy's rule applies here that I got 2 left hoses.
    I guess a LH hose was in a RH side Box with the right part number.
    Im keeping the one made in Italy and returning the one made in china!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use RockAuto all of the time. I have for many years.

Not even a hint of a complaint. What your order is what you get. Occasionally if you order multiples, they will have to come from different warehouses, but you get the correct part, and it tells you at checkout.

Baumi likes this.
  27. Rock Auto, no complaints. They will even send you close out part deals for your particular car.

Baumi and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Word to the wise with Rock Auto, when you order a "Head Gasket Set" for a flathead, they only send you one gasket. I called them and started to bitch. They said it states "Gasket Only" which somehow means only one side.... Other than that, no complaints.

29. Mac VP

Mac VP

Not necessarily......they show the various fan hub parts in their exploded parts drawing for the 1942-52 Ford pickup trucks. The spindle bearing was not available to purchase. We reproduced this part, and we offered it to them as a vendor. Their reply to us......"thanks but we're not interested". lMC can be a good source for a lot of parts, but you can definitely find things elsewhere "if they don't have it"

30. I'm a rock auto guy also.