Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods sold my little coupe sad day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Dec 1, 2016.

1. birdman1

birdman1

I had to sell my '39 Ford deluxe coupe. Poor health and need money. i want to thank all of you who helped me with the build as i did all the work myself and with the help of some grandkids. Some of you critizised the 4 1959 caddy tail lights, but it was constructive critizizem! It fullfilled one of my life-long wants, and now it is completed.

Attached Files:

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and wicarnut like this.
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please post a pic of the back of the car so those of us who missed the other thread can see the tail lights? Thanks and good luck....

3. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Yeah! Some of us didn't get a chance to contribute our own criticism. There's no time like the present! :p

4. 3340

5. Well hopefully you sold it to someone close by that can give you a ride every once and awhile.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do - hope that better health & some wealth stops by your place soon

7. wicarnut

wicarnut

Best wishes for your future

8. yes....hope your heath gets better !

9. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sad indeed, sorry you had to let it go. At least you fulfilled a dream.

10. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Best wishes on your health!

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Sometimes life slaps us in the face and makes us do things we don't want to have to do. Hope your health gets better, and another car comes your way to make yours.

12. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

The one thing no one can take away from you is the memories. I would like to see pics of the whole car also.
    Tony

droppedstepside and AVater like this.
  13. putz

putz
    from wisc.

McMopar said it all !

14. Yeah, sucks when that happens. I wish I could have bought it. But then the last thing I need is another car.

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

16. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Tough situation for you I'm sure, here's hoping your health improves and you can get back in the game.

droppedstepside likes this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I like the front nerf, looks good! More pics!

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

19. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

It's a dang shame when you have to sell off a prized possession for health reasons hell for any reason! I've been down that road myself. Here's hoping you get better and can get into another Hot Rod you like as much or more!
    Get well soon. Joe

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Life has many twists and turns...Some decisions are not easy ones. Get your health back...keep active. Without your health the rest doesn't matter. Hopefully your ride goes to a respectful owner...Won't make it easier but more comforting. Health and Happiness Birdman
    Regards,
    Stogy

21. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I like the '59 Caddy tail lights on it. George Barris did that kind of thing all the time and (almost) everybody loved it. The most important thing is that you like it. Bummer about selling it though. Hopefully your health issues will go away. Good luck...

22. Sorry to hear you are selling something you have worked so hard putting together. Get well and let the memories sustain you ....

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sorry to hear about your health. Sad indeed. Count yourself lucky you had something to sell to pay the bills. Great looking car.

oldsjoe likes this.
  24. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

That having to pay the bills thing can suck some times. It was a great looking car, you did some nice work on it!

25. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Sorry for loss. Best wishes for your health. Hopefully, you can buy it back?

26. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

I think the taillights look great. They are overused on hot rods and customs, of course they are used so much because they look great on so many different cars.

27. birdman1

birdman1

28. birdman1

birdman1

Building the coupe was the most fun, even with all the screw-ups. If I ever built another one it would be much easier and a better car. It is so light, even with a stock 302 with a holley 650 carb and toploader 4-speed, would hit 100 MPH in the quarter.(the same 1/4 mile of Highway 59 I have been using as my personal strip for 55 years now)

oldsjoe likes this.
  29. Sorry to hear buddy. But, there isn't any shortage of projects out there. Get your health better and start something else. Even if it's an old beater pick up or something.

30. I remember seeing it in your garage the day I bought the original axle from it...we had to kick around in the snow to find it.... the axle, not your coupe.....39-40 ford coupes are so good looking I'm sure it hurts your heart to let it go.
    Get well, buddy.