Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Traditional Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 22, 2016.

1. We don't have the same building codes here in the Sunny South that you guys have were heavy snows are a concern for weight bearing walls,although you don't see them there were 2 x 6 studs every 16" under the window. HRP

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    ladyhrp and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. This happened early Wendesday morning~

We got a call from the Sheriffs office at 4:30 AM this morning and ask if we had a business at 1205 Whitehall road and I said yeah.

"We are standing in front of you business and a car has slammed into your shop and it looks like there is a mess inside"

I left the house in a hurry and after the deputy took the information he left and I started trying to glean up the mess,thankfully Brenda's Macaw "Sam" was unhurt even though the cage was laying on it's side...the bird was pissed!

I called a carpenter to patch up the wall for a temporary fix and with today being the day before Thanksgiving we had a lot of work to get so my daughter drove the delivery van and I drove my pickup and on the way back to the shop I hit a FRIGGIN' TURKEY and busted the grill in my Off Topic Ram truck.:mad:

What I will be thankful for tomorrow when I say grace is that this day will be over. :rolleyes:HRP

It had to be a out of control turkey or a drunk one. HRP

mad mikey and ladyhrp like this.
  3. With the damage done to Brenda's Flower shop by the hit and run two legged turkey and damage done the same day to my daily driver by the feathered Kamikaze turkey.:mad: HRP

[​IMG]

005.JPG

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    ladyhrp likes this.
  4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

This Thanksgiving was a good one for me, and I've already eaten up my share of the left over turkey, still have the ham to go! We did it all at my son's house, me, my son and his family, plus his mother (my ex wife) and her husband, just glad we can all get along:confused:
    Reminiscing now about years gone by and thinking about Thanksgiving '57, which I spent with a new found friend, Lonnie, in his Dad's country junk yard shop, putting another trans in my channeled '32 3wdw to replace the one I had ripped out the preceding Sat. night while Lonnie was riding with me.
    We got the trans out of a car there in the junk yard his Dad owned, pulled the '32's engine, which was only way to replace '32 trans, replaced trans and had cheese and soda crackers from a nearby store for lunch, washed down with a Coke.
    Lonnie was the guy we all know who never really grew up, a helluva good guy, and likable as a speckled puppy, but always on the verge of getting in deep shit:eek:
    Will never forget the night about 30 years later, I was at work on graveyard shift in machine shop at the major airline where I worked till I retired. Another buddy from the same area as Lonnie and I, was also working that night.
    He got a phone call and when he hung up the phone in lead office and came back in the shop, he was crying like a baby. I asked what was wrong and he said, "Lonnie is dead" he and his live in had gotten in a drunken quarrel and somehow he got shot in the gut with a shotgun.
    Will never forget that Thanksgiving with Lonnie, and I remember this every yeat at Thanksgiving.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Dave,Holidays are full of good and bad memories,the only bad memory is traveling to Columbia,South Carolina to bury my grandmother on Thanksgiving day. HRP

ladyhrp likes this.
  7. Danny. That is some Thanksgiving you had. Glad the bird was not hurt, or anyone else.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Thanks pal,it will all work out and it's just another bump in the road, Sam has calmed down and is now back to his ornery ways. HRP

[​IMG]

tb33anda3rd and ladyhrp like this.
  9. Well we went over to my ahhh outspoken mother in laws {YEA THATS IT} For Thanksgiving dinner. I knocked back a couple of shots of crown royal on an empty tummy before we went over and it had a nice time .She just was bitching about everything and me aready feeling good just smiled and nodded my head yes, with everything she said and kept my head down and kept on eating. It turned out nice. I think I will do that every time I have to go over there from now on.LOL.Bruce.

ladyhrp, tb33anda3rd and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

The first year me and the wife spent together I was in the Navy and we were in Virginia, away from all our family. Neither one of us could cook very well at the time and we were tired of Hamburger Helper, so we had Dominos Delivery, as they were just down the road and were about the only thing open. So last Wednesday, I stopped at Dominos and got a pizza just for laughs at old memories. Either they have gone downhill pretty bad, or I'm not near as hungry as I was back then.:)

11. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

LMAO! She is not bitching she is simply letting everyone know how she can do it better.

I feel for you Bruce! Sadly there are a lot of people that are better at stuff than everyone else until it comes time for them to produce. People will live their whole lives like that without ever learning better.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bruce Fischer and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I fried a turkey, then some shrimp and then some twinkies (can not make hot oil go to waste!). I was blessed to have more time with the old timers.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. I fry chicken,I smoke turkey...HRP

14. Danny WTF! Man get some rest before Christmas. Watch out for pickup fragments when you eat that turkey. Or is it digested already?

ladyhrp likes this.
  15. 59Apachegail, seems she getting worse as she is getting older .Even my wife says so and that's her mom.LOL. Bruce.

ladyhrp likes this.
  16. Boy that sounds GOOD!!!!!Bruce.

ladyhrp likes this.
  17. H.R.P.My father in law used to smoke turkeys for Thanksgiving before his stroke. Boy theres nothing that tastes like that.YUM! Bruce.

ladyhrp likes this.
  18. this year i wore a pair of pants with an elastic waste band............highly recommend them.

ladyhrp and ct1932ford like this.
  19. You wore Pants?:p

ladyhrp and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. Not very traditional but stayed in bed Wednesday and Thursday, Thanksgiving day, while the family went around the corner to enjoy the day at my young nephews place.
    Friday I was real ill so my wife delivered me to the hospital on the other side of Winchester.
    Still here marking time in the hospital.
    Did get a cold turkey sandwich left-over the next day from a pleasant enough nurse here.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. 2 many, dang sorry to you're laid up while the edumacated "practice" medicine.

ladyhrp likes this.
  22. Hope you are feeling better. How pleasant a nurse?:rolleyes: Get Well!

ladyhrp likes this.