Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Vintage air in a '34 Ford Coupe?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nellis003, Nov 27, 2016.

1. nellis003

nellis003
    from Chicago

Hi all,

Considering a Gen II Mini vintage air setup for my '34 Ford 5-window. Has anyone installed one of these? Car has a 350, with VERY little clearance between the water pump pulley and the radiator. Curious to know how others have done the install.

The original setup was an electric fan behind the radiator, small enough that it could be over to the side to provide clearance for the alternator. This worked okay but there was no heat or air in the car. If I add the vintage air, I'm thinking I should mount the fan in front of the radiator and condenser. Any thoughts?

If anyone has any pictures of their setup, that'd be a huge help.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Crazyolman

Crazyolman

34 Larry has his fan mounted in front of the radiator and it works just fine to keep his Chrysler Hemi cool. I don't know where you will find room inside to mount the evaporator etc.

3. I've got this in my 34...no issues in the engine compartment, getting the Gen II unit under the dash not a big issue, defrost vents were really hard...running an electric fan...triple operated..temp, A/C unit demand and a manual override...

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]

4. nellis003

nellis003
    from Chicago

Great looking setup - do you have any closeup pics of the fan/condenser mounting, and the routing of the hoses? How did you do the defrost vents?

3030 likes this.

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I recently did install , Allen Grove brackets , fan inside above water pump . Close install , but all is working well. I just have nightmares of a Bow Tie in vintage Henry Tin !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. ...?!**#"@&#...just dropped the car off at Beachbum Jims for interior work....although it's not H.A.M.B. Friendly, I bought mounts as cheap as I could but worked out great...[​IMG]...best I got for now...

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app