Register now to get rid of these ads!

Score!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OilDevil13, Mar 25, 2006.

1. I got a 1958 Police Interceptor motor today. 352, 300 hp, rebuit ,and only ran 5 hrs. Its attached to a 1958 Sanger V Drive boat. Im going to fire it up this week, anybody need a boat? Im pulling the motor and the jump seats out for my p/u....

Anybody know if this is a big block... small block? I need to scrounge up a distributor, somebody stole it, but this things gonna run like an ape. :cool: :D :p

2. It is an FE series big block. A distributor out of a 332 352 360 390 will work.
    If it has adjustable rockers it is a true interceptor.
    Still a good motor if it isnt an interceptor.
    you really dont want it, sell it to me!

3. Im gonna pull the valve covers and check it out. My friends dad built the boat, and he swears its a true interceptor. Thanks for the help... I have a 390 I can snatch the distributor out of. I cant wait to hear this motor. I wont part with the motor, but I have a VDrive boat, built from Sanger blueprints Ill part with.... Im almost positive it would look better in your yard than mine.

4. Those boat seats aught to look great in your P/u. Rolled and pleated?

5. Yes Sir, White w/ blue piping.... really nice.

6. Pulled the valve covers off today and found adjustable rockers....... looking brand new.

7. Very cool. Enjoy it !!!

I have no need for a boat...live in the sandpit.

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Another local score awesome!

9. Ok, so now I have the motor. Im trying to build a ride on the cheap. I have a 68 P/u (ford) thats pretty shot, but it has a good 3 speed tranny in it. Could I use it? Truck has a 390 in it, so it should bolt up, but what about the three on the tree...Hows making a shifter for one go? If Im way off base, lemme know, but Im brainstorming. I have a 8" rear end, needs built tho, if I could find something cooler, older, tougher.... the original plan was to measure the 59 wagon we were snatching the motor/tranny out of to get the rear, but my buddy bailed out on me, and Im going to use this 352 as long as the truck is going to be mine.I would still like to find something pre 58 to use, but I want to drive it. So Ill use what I have. We have an abandoned airstrip here, and we run everything up it, Local hot rods, the circle track guys go out there, 4X4s... everybody... I wanna take a run on it in something other than my 75 mile an hour Jeep. Any ideas?

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

now all you gotta do is get rid of that fishy smell!:D :D

11. chopndrop

chopndrop

I'm a little confused. Are you putting the 352 in the 68 PU? What are you looking for a rear end for? You should take the rear out of that wagon if you can, those are about the most desirable 9 inchers, 57-59 wagon and rachero.

12. My Bad.

I have a 31 pick up cab... an old Model A frame that came out from under a 50's hot rod.... now this 352 motor... theres a few more odds and ends.... but Im building a Model A pick up.

13. Hold on now... There is a 59 wagon in the mix that you guys are trashing????????:eek:

Dammit man, I would save that wagon. That would be me, not you.

If you havent pulled the rear end out yet, I have a 59 Ford pickup rear end that will work great in the A.
    I will take the rest of it if you already killed it. I like those things..:confused:
    I have a truck heading that way tomorrow.

14. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Hey you can drag that boat up here and drop it off in my yard as long as its on a trailer :D:D

15. docholiday72tx

docholiday72tx

Use the distributor from a 75 or 76 pick up that has a 360/390. It will fit right in the 352 and give you electronic ignition. When you grab the distributor, make sure you get the coil, ignition module, and related wiring.
    Doc

16. Cool. Thanks Doc.