Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. the car looked great on the video. they are going to have their hands full next year. the injection could put the scare lane on top. cool score on the pump mount.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Please don't say hole

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Got the pump mount in the mail the other day. Now just waiting on the intake from Hilborn then it's getting tore down again.
    1480128027018.jpg

Pufff, saltflats, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  4. what size pump is that?

5. that should do.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  6. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

IMG_0869.JPG Could be big changes for the Grape this year ! Still kicking it around a little ......

Mtn Goat, AHotRod, Saxxon and 4 others like this.
  7. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

It....MUST......HAPPEN!!!! =)

beebee78 likes this.
  8. Christmas started early at my house today. Ups guy dropped this off at my shop this morning. This weekend gonna get it all plummed then pull the motor and send it to the new engine builder. Plan on putting smaller cams in it and make a new set of pistons to get the compression back up where we started beginning of this year at least. Next season is going to be a entire new experience got big plans and plan on hauling this car all over to race with the SEG. Hope my new builder works out better than the last so we can see what this thing can really do
    1481858053974.jpg 1481858058234.jpg 1481858060994.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 16 others like this.
  9. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

That is Purdy!!!!

strokedstang331 likes this.
  10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

That looks amazing...every time I look at your car I find something new on it that just makes me appreciate the build that much more. I can't wait to hear and see it with the injection on it.

powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  12. That looks great.

13. loudbang

loudbang

This is going to be Great

14. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

15. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

16. Here's a cool video competition plus did on me and my car when I was in Greer South Carolina in November.

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 13 others like this.
  17. loudbang

loudbang

Great video save that one for the kids and grand kids :p

18. Got the motor all ready for the new builder it will be heading down there early next week. Injection is all plummed and I raised the moon tank up 3 1/2" so the pump will always have fuel. Had to move the tank forward to I didn't have enough space for the new pump mount to clear the radiator. I also have Cassandra Hicks designing a logo for Skairlane T shirts so they will be available this season. Spring will be here in no time so I hope this year we don't have any snags and can actually get it all sorted out.
    1483061477853.jpg 1483061484442.jpg 1483061491021.jpg

Pufff, Mtn Goat, 55belairx2 and 11 others like this.
  19. Yes they are for the dyno. I hate them I didn't really want to put them in but thought it would help with the tuning so I did it anyways. I plan to build another set of headers sometime this year but that's way down on my list to do so it probably won't happen. The pan holds 7 qts we designed and made it for my setup. No one makes a good looking rear sump pan for a FE that's why I built it. I could probably have called steffs or someone to do it but I didn't want to pay $500 for a pan that I could make for $100

20. Looks great. Im putting in a order for a large shirt.
    Do you plan on doing any testing with different stack lengths while on the dyno? Mopar engineers back in the day published info on how long the stacks needed to be based on the transmission being used. Automatics were the longest in the 13- 18 inch area. Manuals were shorter in the 5- 9 inch range. Some were so short they didnt have to cut the hood. There could be some power there.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Yes I plan to run atleast 2 different length stacks while it's on the dyno. There is a way to calculate the optimal length I'm hoping the engine guy can help figure that out when the time comes.

22. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Hope my heap will be able to keep up!

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

There are dozens of cars under construction for SEG competition right now,and lots more being built that are a little outside their rules for local competition.

What you described is pretty much the entire Meltdown Drags.
    It's a great time,but check out the "rules" page....There's one that is THE most important one.It needs to be strictly adhered to at ALL times,and under ALL circumstances,no matter what.
    It's right down near the bottom in bold print.You'll know it when you see it.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dog_Patch and Gammz like this.
  24. The meltdown is all heads up match Racing. We probably won't have any type of race where u can be eliminated that's not what the Meltdown is about. There are no winners or loosers at the Meltdown. Doesn't matter how fast or slow there either. There are a few other gasser groups that do have a race but they are not a heads up run what u brung type race. Some of them have a brake out. Come check it out that's all I can tell ya it's definitely the best event in the country that's for sure.

25. Engine builder got my motor all tore down early this week. Lots of issues with it the main 2 are the hone is gone again cylinders are polished up like chrome and also the sleeves are sitting below the deck surface now so the head gaskets were not sealing. He sent the cams to Bullet to get reground they are way to big currently and when we get them back he's going to mock it up with my current pistons and check clearances. After that Ric at CP will be making the changes to the pistons so we can get the most compression possible out of it. Mike sees no reason we couldn't make 800+hp out of it this time around. When I dropped my motor off down there I was a little overwhelmed with all the stuff they had in that shop and how nice the shop is. It's definitely a top notch state of the art facility can't wait to see what we make for power this time around.

Pufff, beebee78, PBRmeASAP and 5 others like this.
  26. When it was dynoed we had the o2 sensors in the headers. The mixture was good so we doubt that's what caused the problem. We are guessing the hone wasn't rite to start with. At this point I'm just starting from scratch new builder and a fresh rebuild. The guy that has it now works on top notch boat motors. When I dropped my motor off he has 2 twin turbo BBCs they are designing the turbo setups for production the motors make 1600 hp on pump gas and the boat has 2 of them. It's a 50 some foot off shore race boat.

Mtn Goat, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  27. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

IMG_0904.JPG Current status of the Grape right now.......
    New heads will be here in 3-4 weeks and already purchased the tunnel ram and carbs!

28. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

29. dougg01

dougg01
    from KY

There weren't more of the Grape because we only had one round of qualifying before the weather blew in. Several cars couldn't stay and run Sunday so I didn't get action shots of some. I did take over 2,400 photos that weekend. I give my photos away to people that ask. Just found this thread so I'm a little late to join the party. Been lurking on here for years and rarely post. All my spare time this winter has been spent working on articles and such. Tons of old school stuff on gearhead in general on my Gregory Images FB page. Easy way to share. Lots of articles in my name on Bangshift. I'm a traditionalist for the most part and believe Land Speed racing to be the purest form of motorsport.