Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hauling Trailer Stole from my Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racinman, Nov 18, 2014.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:cool:

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hey Fellas - no more posts on State Farm Insurance or any other insurance companies, claims, reasons - what ever.

Stay on topic and keep and eye out for my Buddy Rick's trailer.

3. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

BTTT Rick got some more pic,some of the 57 ,Tryin keep this alive looking out here in Ohio

4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Bumpity for Rick, like he does going down the road! Gary;)

5. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

The Business of them taking your payments every month is Great (for them) but this time my agent that sold me the insurance for both my trailers... which was Fire, Theft, Vandalism ... and he had asked me the value for replacement cost... on both trailer separately... very reasonable and actually had two Vandalism claims... no problem. Now when I filed the claim of the stolen trailer the adjuster kept telling me they were trying to value my trailer. I told them several times the value was what the agent and I agreed on! This is when my Blood Pressure needed checked! after several calls and left voice messages for the adjuster, I went to my agent, he saw me coming! I was ready for answers, he said I only had liability ???? I had to re-inform him of the 2 vandalism claims... then he changed his tune. I demanded him to call the adjuster while I was there... She promised that she would call me on the 11th of Dec. that was 2 days away so I told them I had anguished till now so I would wait. think I got a call on Thurs. the 11th? or the 12th? I called her again on the 12th and left a message... so then on the 16th I was Hotter than......... I called got her sweet message... so I waited and got someone else on the line requesting her supervisor. That was when they told me she valued my trailer at $6000.00, I know it is used I know it is a 1999, but it is an aluminum Featherlite 32'... fine me one and replace it...
    they didn't want that either... so after another pounding of the next supervisor and informed then I was a certified classic car appraiser for them and that I would not be interested in assisting them again... then it got a little better. I didn't get what the trailer was worth or a replacement but got close... it was like having a Cadillac and them giving you a chevette!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  6. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I had them for 30 year also... The same agent that I had the trailers with, would not back me with the wreck I had with the Dually a couple years ago... I went in and dropped 9 policys and kept the trailers because I understand not many ins co's want to insure trailers. I went with Farm Bureau and got more coverage on all policys and less money. saved $960 a year... You think after 30 years my old agent wanted to say Rick you are a fine customer, let me see if I can save you some money! I recommend everyone to shop the insurance... I have never had any problem with Hagerty they are tops in my book on my collector cars...

7. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Here is a Photo of the 57 wagon that was in the trailer 57 chevy wagon project.jpg

rd martin likes this.
  8. Here's 1 4 ya Racinman--- State Farm being 1 of the largest auto insurer's in the country WILL NOT cover any auto related repair business's on garagemans liability of insure the building. How's that for greed ???

9. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Yes that is what I'm finding out... I'm sure everyone has a story... the ones that don't have not filed a claim.
    I asked my attorney a few years ago when I was wrecked by the construction company dump truck, why do the just be fair? he said if they were fair the lawyers would have to get a new job...

10. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Nuff said about the Ins... please keep an eye out for the trailer or 57 Chevy... thanks my Friends!

11. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

After 2 years no sight of this stolen featherlite trailer and my 1957 Chevy Wagon!
    Someone must have seen this
    Still offering a reward
    Contact me
    Rick Powell
    [email protected]
    864-324-1571

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Terrible80

Terrible80

13. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Bump for Rick! Gary:(