Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 62 cadillac build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, May 14, 2016.

1. ryno

ryno

i originally build this car 15 years ago. just had a baby, bought a house and was 22 years old. i always wanted a Cadillac, growing up my dad bought anew one every year. i had a friend that bought a group package of Cadillac's in order to get the 60 he wanted. i had already built a few other cars and he knew i really wanted a Cadillac. he made me a great deal, and i got her. i quickly installed air ride, white walls, flaked the roof, did a quick mechanical once over, replacing all suspension bushings, joints etc, had the seats covered, installed a stereo, and with that had a cool cruiser i could enjoy with my new family. i really couldn't afford to give it a nice paint job like i wanted. the door and fender where a different color, so it needed some love. all i could afford was a quick primer job, so it got a dp90 primer job. looked good. back then in California there was not that many cars running around with a flat black and flake , so it got lots of attention ( featured in ol skool rodz magazine), but i never really felt that proud of it, cause it was a Cadillac, and well, deserved more......

these pics are after i moved to Missouri 9 years ago, so car was already done for 6 or so years, dp 90 was faded. that spray paint run on the side quarter panel was from my son the night before a magazine shoot i was touching up some stuff and left a can on the floor, he crawled over to it and picked it up and decided to help me. by the time i realized what he done, it was already drying, so i left it alone, added character.
    IMG_1556.JPG IMG_1574.JPG IMG_1590.JPG

triman62 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. ryno

ryno

with the dp 90 fading and the lone star round up coming up, i decide to re do the flat black, and sprayed a silkens matte black on it.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. ryno

ryno

after the lone star round up ( 2008 or 09) the car just sat, it got drove more by friends visiting me then i every drove it. as i progressed my skills i became ashamed or it. i always knew that a Cadillac always deserved more then i did to it. in this time i built 5 nicer cars for my self, and numerous others for customers. i kinda even thought about listing it for sale, but it does have a some sentimental value to it, this was the first car i had as a family, first rides with my sons, first car i drove to many long standing car shows.

fast forward to this years lone star round up(2016). after making the trip to flat top bobs in wellington tx to our annual trip on the back roads to Austin, at a diner for lunch, myself and the coolest mother fucker i know, and all around awesome dude, @earl schieb here on the hamb started discussing the Cadillac, as i was slated to be selling my current wagon i was driving on our trip once we arrived in austin. a plan was hatched at that diner table to get the Cadillac to Tennessee for him to do the paint and body work for me. this was turning in my head the whole way to Austin, and weeks after. i called him a few times to make sure we where still on, like i said hes the coolest mfer, he said bring it on man, so with all that going down i decided to give this car the love i always wanted too, and it deserved, which leads to this build thread...

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  4. ryno

ryno

rendering.jpg rendering done by joel nelson at 1320 design

Last edited: May 14, 2016

5. ryno

ryno

i have torn the car down to a basic shell and rolling chassis, all wiring ( new rebel wire harnesses will be installed) all factory ac, ( custom vintage air unit will be installed) engine,trans,glass,brake system ( new disc brakes,booster,master,prop valve from cpp) , interior( at fast als in dewey ok now) have been removed.

6. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

No doubt that it will be slick!

7. ryno

ryno

disc brakes
    cpp bracket
    uses gm full size12" 5x5 rotors
    early camaro calipers

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. ryno

ryno

wanted to get the biggest gen 4 unit vintage air offers. there is not a lot of room between the dash and firewall on these cars. i could have made it fit but it would have hug down too low for my liking, so i decide to make a recess pocket in the firewall so i could tuck the unit up higher.
    IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1407.JPG
    as you can see here the unit mounting is sticking out the stock hole. IMG_1412.JPG IMG_1415.JPG
    problem solved IMG_1419.JPG

KCsledz and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. ryno

ryno

true spoke wire wheels, on vogues tyres
    i love the look of these.
    IMG_1425.JPG

193257, kidcampbell71 and gonmad like this.
  10. ryno

ryno

11. Her new home as of last night. I'm kind of excited cause I'm a Cadillac guy too--even more because Ryno trusts me with his baby.

Attached Files:

12. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Nice to see another interesting custom thread! Subscribed.

ryno likes this.
  13. ryno

ryno

shes in good hands....

14. ryno

ryno

sorry for the late response, @earl schieb is making some great progress on the body work. shooting for completion and debut at detriot in feb.....

15. Man, this caddy is going to look dynamite. Good choice on wheels and tires

16. Vogues are really the only choice for a Caddy of that era, lookin' sharp.

17. That is 1 cool looking caddy.Where in T.N. is your friend located? Thanks Bruce.

18. 1pickup

1pickup

Love the mustard & mayo tires. I have a project begging for those on my set of StarWires.

19. ryno

ryno

thanks man
    yes sir, thanks
    hartsville. volunteer auto body. https://www.facebook.com/Volunteer-Auto-Body-Shop-149452668470388/?pnref=lhc
    do it. the vogues are so nice on set of wires.

20. Oh O.K. Thanks Bruce.

21. ryno

ryno

have been gathering parts and getting everyrhing set up for a trash to try and make detriot...
    390 engine back from machine shop. complete rebuild.
    390 2.jpg
    390.jpg

clunker likes this.
  22. ryno

ryno

big shipment from steele rubber.
    steele rubber.jpg

clunker likes this.
  23. ryno

ryno

getting chrome bumper torn apart and sent out for refinishing.
    chrome 2.jpg chrome.jpg

24. ryno

ryno

193257 likes this.
  25. ryno

ryno

got the manifolds back from performance coatings plus, after being ceramic 15181407_704723236359497_4723457416204175679_n.jpg coated.

26. 193257

Its gonna be one cool Caddy !!!!!

27. ryno

ryno

got the drive train all base and clear coated last night.
    trans.jpg vcovers.jpg engine.jpg

flatheadpete, clunker, Tim and 2 others like this.
  28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Hey man, that is SCHWEET..
    Love it, and anxious to see it when completed..

29. Roothawg

Roothawg

Looking good!

ryno likes this.