Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dennis Carpenter's needs new photographer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spdster, Nov 22, 2016.

1. spdster

spdster

upload_2016-11-22_10-13-0.png
    This is the picture that Dennis Carpenter uses to sell the B4A-3047-B upper control arm for 56 Ford and 57 TBird. Unfortunately you don't get all those pieces, the washer on the right is special it mounts on the inside of the shaft before you install the bushing, it is missing from the parts kit. Tried to contact online since I ordered online but got the standard please call this number reply. Called and got the phone hung up on me - benefit of the doubt though the fellow did claimed he was adjusting his volume on his headset. When I told him my problem of the missing washers, he said it might be the wrong picture on the site - they use the same picture on site and in the catalog - since most people base their purchases on the website photos then change the picture to the part you sell. If the washer wasn't in the picture I would have ordered the washers too. He said ship it back for them to inspect it - on my dime. So any savings I manage to get from ordering from them is now gone and it's my fault they used the wrong picture and I have to pay for their mistake? The customer service rep said he would bump the problem up to management and I would get an email if they ship the missing washers I asked about for an email to at least notify me what management were going to do and he laughed. So that's my rant and one less tent I have to visit in Hershey next year.

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Things are different these days at Carpenters. I am now expecting the same from Macs since Ecklers bought them out. However I have had very good communications with Concours in Nevada recently and also Tee-Bird Products. Good luck.

3. spdster

spdster

Macs picture doesn't show that washer. That's why I ordered it from Carpenter's - it does.

4. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Any time there is a buy out - merger, the first thing that goes to shit is customer service

warbird1 likes this.

5. alchemy

alchemy

When did Carpenter get "bought out"?

6. A Boner

A Boner

Usually it's like the brain guy leaves, and the money guy takes over.

Hnstray likes this.
  7. I have had good luck with Dennis Carpenters and they adjusted a problem I had with absolutely no hassle,all my orders have been by phone. HRP

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Really. How many pictures are on there website or catalog. They get one picture wrong and Emails are sent and phone calls are made. And people wonder why prices go up and nothing at work gets done. Then questions are asked on the worldwide web. Other people join in on the bashing of this said company along with all other similar companies. Be thankful the part is available and it actually made it to your house.

Hnstray and GreenMonster48 like this.
  9. spdster

spdster

The part I ordered didn't make it here , the post office did their job and got it to my house unfortunately the part I ordered was incomplete according to the information (picture) the company itself provided. The price and picture was part of the decision to purchase from this company. Macs sells a similar product and their picture shows exactly what they sell ( it doesn't show the extra inner washer) so why can't Carpenter do the same thing? I expect questionable photos from that auction site not from a "respected" member of the old car community.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Missing washers sure could cause a deadline problem if you were running a TV show. Bob

49ratfink likes this.
  11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As far as I know it wasn't. I ve heard his son runs it now. Macs was bought by Eklers.

12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Lots of the things you look at online or in catalogs are what is known as stock photos, images of similar items. Most times somewhere it will state that as such, pic is not of actual part, etc, but some don't say that. I never trust photos unless it states it is a pic of the actual part. Good to see if a parts looks like what you need, but if not sure, best to ask.

13. spdster

spdster

Just an update - I received the missing washers today from Dennis Carpenter - thank you - I can now install the upper control shafts now.