Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help me with a 40-41 studebaker fix i need pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy2times, Nov 18, 2016.

1. When i was a kid my gramps had a pink 40 stude i was in love with he promiced it to me when i got my license but he traded it for a boat. Every since then ive had a soft spot for them. So can you nice folks please post some pics of them for me

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. [​IMG]
    Stile this from internet

mgtstumpy and T-roaster like this.
  3. 5brown1

5brown1

You can just do a web search for pictures. If you are looking to buy one Craigslist is a good place to start.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Was it a Champion model or a Commander model...??? Here's a Commander coop I used to own...

R-
    IMG_3252.JPG

mgtstumpy, belair, T-roaster and 3 others like this.
  5. I think it was a commander liker yours it was titty pink but other than that all stock. He had just had the interior done in grey tuck and roll before he traded it it didnt have a back seat it had two chairs that folded down from the side. I googled pictures but there wasnt that many i figured there would be some nice ones on the hamb. I really like your old one 40 stude dude

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Timmy...appreciate the compliment...
    R-

timmy2times likes this.
  7. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

I have seen this '41 at a couple of shows here in Michigan this past summer. I absolutely love it. P1020696.JPG P1020697.JPG P1020698.JPG P1020695.JPG

8. To tell you the truth i would really like to find the old stude my gramps traded. I asked him about it but he says it was a 41 commander. Im not sure the grill was like stude dudes his memory isnt the same as it was. So i was over at his house helping him tine the carbs on his 56 pickup hounding him for information. I think it went to lake havisou sorry i know i didnt spell it right or somewhere in nevada. I figure its lost and ill have to find another to start with i do remember its history it used to be a military car before the interior was done you could still see the green paint inside her it was a contrast for sure with the titty pink paint hahaha i remember when he got it and we drove home in it i must have been in 5th grade and all i could think was what this car was when it was new anf who bought it how they thought it was top of the line new tech like my Nintendo at the time and the smell in it. I remember the 3 on the tree and how gramps shifted it and was thinking the same thing when i learned to drive a stick on my 59 chevys 3 on the tree hahaha

9. The one I used to have. The color is off a bit, it is 1974 AMC Javelin fresh plum, closer to the rasberry color that GM painted some S10 pickups. Last I heard, it is in Bremerton WA. front.jpg side.jpg

timmy2times likes this.
  10. Wow thats just a beautiful i think thats how i remember the grill

11. That is a Champion, and stock, the entire grill was chrome, I was just after a bit different look.

12. I was going to say i thought my gramps was all chrome it was missing a couple teeth too

13. I am pretty sure that the blue car above is a 42 Champion. At least the grill is a 42

14. Maybe im off on the years they look pretty close to me and i was only 8-14 at the time but that car stuck with me all these years

15. Danny G

Danny G

16. This one is a 39, you can tell by the center of the grill being higher than the end pieces.

timmy2times likes this.
  17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]

2 x HAMBERS at the Meltdown meet

timmy2times likes this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

20. aaggie

aaggie

Go to www.carnut.com They have pictures of just about everything ever made. Click on the index and start searching.

timmy2times likes this.
  21. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

The first two are '42s. I think the third is either a '42 Champion, or a '46.

Can any Stude-philes help clarify? I'm better with the later postwar Studes.

Note the different grille sides and grille textures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    timmy2times likes this.
  22. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

In 59-60, the top gassers on the West Coast always raced at Lions Dragstrip. Junior Thompson started by winning almost every weekend in his black 4 door Studebaker sedan. ( along with driving and winning the A/SR class in Jim Cassidy’s powerful black hemi-powered, roadster) But, his rival in the gasser ranks, Al Hirshfield, had a beige 2 door Studebaker sedan that was equally fast and started his climb to the top of the class, usually in the finals against Jr. Thompson. This race was always the top event that everyone wanted to see. The race was no let down as Thompson smokes Hirshfield off of the line with a super quick start time. But, in these all out battles, something goes awry. Blower, clutch, what ever, a blown engine allows the opponent to win the race. Win some lose some. What a match race.

Jnaki

timmy2times likes this.