Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Would Love History on This Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodmyk, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Back in the late '50's, early '60's I would see this car around the Montery Park, CA - East LA area. The last time I saw it was maybe '62 or so being towed on Garvey Blvd headed towards LA . I think it is a famous car from the era. Any info would be appreciated.
    flamer.jpg

Speed Gems likes this.
  2. no help , i'd like to know more too

i think it was in a magazine?

3. that's probably why i thought i had seen it before

4. It was featured in the "little" books .many years ago..Does Bill Rolland ring a bell?

5. Bill Rolland bought Ivo's T.

Is he connected to this car too?

6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

No, certainly not kidding. Thanks for all the input so far. Does anybody know what happened to it? In the article above looks like it might be lost after 1972.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  7. From the article linked above:
    "When the list of "The 75 most Significant '32 Hot Rods" was published in January of 2006, experts estimated that about 20 of the cars had not survived and would not be found. These cars had not been seen in decades and the trail to finding them had long been col, even abandoned. As the list of these cars became known, many of the missing car were located, one of these cars was "The Flamer". When the car resurfaced it was owned by Ray Santistevan, who purchased the car from Joe Zupan in 1972."

8. F&J

F&J

those flames are awesome.

hard to believe those two colors work so well together.

Ratster on hamb years ago, had a channeled roadster that must have been inspired by that 32. He had the same colors I believe?, but not really flames. It was like pieces of flames, or weird shapes, scattered all over, and I recall saying how old timey his car looked.

ratster likes this.
  9. It resurfaced in 2006, owned at the time by Ray Santistevan. He purchased it in '72.

10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

OKAY, getting closer. Where has it been the last 10 years? I would really like to see it again.

11. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

in pieces.in his garage in Peublo

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  12. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

13. ratster

ratster

Thanks, i still have my 27 Essex. has over 200k on the odometer now lol I copied the colors from a roaster that von dutch painted, it was in the cover of car craft 1959

Attached Files: