Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone want to start a club for 60s traditional (Bellflower) lows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Club plaques... FOR SURE.

25 bucks? sounds good to me...

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

the astro supreme design is good,,,but it needs a tire on it!

and also i was thinking this would look good==>>>>

an astro supreme,wrapped in a skinny white wall (of course:D)with 2 bellflower tips under the wheel crossed over like a set of crossbones! or something like that,,with maybe some pinstriped flames in the background or something???

how about a lil fueled byHAMB logo somewhere on the shirt too (if thats cool with Ryan)

3. 63 wildcat

63 wildcat

i think if we did a paneled out roof with metalflake and lace instaed of using a car would be cool anyways thats what i was thinking for shirt ideas

4. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Cool stuff guys, but just to make it easier for you guys to find pictures,I'm pretty sure you guys don't want the traditional virgin Mary, you want Holy Mary of Guadalupe, or Our Lady of Guadalupe.
    [​IMG]

5. JamesG

JamesG

Ok, it's done...............heres our new logo.......................................

lol........................................:D

I agree though, in all seriousness that we should stay away from anything religous.

Attached Files:

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

how about a 'lace' of spades logo?

7. WrazedWrong

WrazedWrong

Great Idea!!!

8. Rand Man

Rand Man

Please explain the club rules. Is a '66 Bonneville too new? What's with the hispainic name and imagery? NW Ark has a large comunity that may not understand.

9. JamesG

JamesG

If they have to ask, then they don't need to know............

Or anyone else.

10. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

Love the t-shirt ideas, number 3 and 4 are way kool! Or another great look, as mentioned already, why not just have the club name but have that in metalflake, this would look fantastic! Metalflake, the way to go!!!

The first year we are not going to Paso, and it seems that a load of you are going to meet up, shame we are going to miss out! But hopefully will be over later in the year for a few shows, and can meet up with you all then! See al the club shirts together!!!

11. Let's a start a new thread… this is way too long

Poncho… so sweet a ride. I totally dig it.

whatever the logo end's up being… it's gotta have glitter.

12. i like that idea. just chiming in here a little late. i don't get a whole hell of a lot of computer time. here's my car. it fits, but i still need to get some damn wheels. it's got the flake roof, bellflowers, and most of the trim gone. [​IMG]

13. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Here's a couple designs from artists Marco Almera, Shag and Vince Ray for inspiration.

I don't mind the religious theme, as most lowriders where religious people, but if it's going to cause any conflicts of interest, we better stay away.

Attached Files:

14. JamesG

JamesG

This better?

Attached Files:

Muttley likes this.
  15. i like the day of the dead guy with the guitar......

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Dia de la Muerte... and that is a stand-up bass. :D

17. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

18. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

19. smokindave

smokindave

what if the skeleton is holding an supreme or a bellflower tip? OR metalflake the upright bass.

20. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

im really not feelin the religious or day of the dead influence. i like the earlier designs we were talkin about...script and a design thats more generic. i love supremes but like Chili had said, they werent really even the hot ticket back then...and like i was saying about having one car, i think one wheel is a little too specific.

21. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I still preffer the LB' script with some design and then some other script on the bottom.

If I were a better artist I would design the LOS BOULEVARDOS script kind of sitting on top of a Bellfower tip and some other script below it. Real clean and simple.

The bellflower tip is the common denominator here and it is a simple design.

22. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

someting like this but with more artistic styling ..

Attached Files:

23. smokindave

smokindave

sounds good to me...would the script be metalflake? Also, I like the patch idea for a jacket..and screenprinting for a t-shirt. I think a patch (a pretty good size one) on a shirt might look funny. If we do jackets, what kind of jackets and what color?

24. smokindave

smokindave

GOOZGAZ

I LIKE IT!!!!!! short and simple

25. you're right, a patch on a t-shirt would look dumb, but not on a work shirt or other heavy weight shirts. I was just suggesting it because it would make things easier.

Let's not do the day of the dead and virgin mary stuff. Let's keep it car stuff. Did you guys look at roadapple's site like I suggested? His Astro shirt is so clean. Even a Salinas Boys style logo is easy and clean. Throw some glitter in there and we're done.

26. smokindave

smokindave

shirt #2 on the site is nice. Patch on a workshirt will work good

27. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

The bellflower tip could be worked into a logo... as long as it doesn't look like a big rig stack on it's side.

28. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

then cross a pair of 'em like a pair of pistolas would normally look... haha

scale down the pipes and put 'em under the logo or somethin'... just for shits n giggles...

29. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

but isnt this just for fun? i think the astro wheel design was cool.just needed a tire on it

i hope this isnt a club were everything is going to be serious and strict rules,,...cuz if you guys want to be serious about the club,then ,no disprespect intended,,but most of the cars in the club arent true bellflower customs anyways,,just cuz it has belflower tips and astros,doesnt make it a bellflower custom...and the intro flash on the website doesnt look anything like atlantic blvd or whittier blvd for that matter .looks like somewhere back east ,isnt that snow on the ground???

oh well

30. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

ha ha someone noticed. It's actually somewhere in New York state. I just put it up temporarily.

No bullshit. No rules.