Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

All the best to you, and to anyone that is having or has had health issues. Makes you realize quickly the things that are really important in life and the things that are not.

Hang in there all.

loudbang likes this.
  2. toml24

toml24

Back in 2006 I had a "Near-Stroke Experience" with slurred speech and tightness in the back of my neck. I walked into a ER and got all the possible test done. I was lucky. I walked out of the ER with a handful of meds, all of which I still take today, 10 years later. I've never screwed around with my meds and I'm doing fine. This was all caused by a crummy diet.

3. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

WA. Gadget truth Adtawrartfrvgybvrfffuuhvhhij bfgghknb biukpkhpkjkpn,onlpnojjpjuuhbhgfvdfzd-erqhpknompmomnivycxtx.fvklh iyi

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hrm2k likes this.
  4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

loudbang likes this.
  5. I was having angina attacks for about 4 years, real seldom and they lasted less than 5 minutes. I attributed it to a back injury I'm battling. It was never associated with exertion or stress, so I blew it off. It was when I was having them almost every day towards the end that I knew something was up.

My formal heart attack was in the hospital, best place to have one. The staff reacted immediately. I have no recollection past them taking my BP, then the lights went out. And you have to act fast if you think you're in trouble. Even now, make a mental note of the best place to go if it happens. I was desperate and chose the closer of 2 local hospitals. Winds up they had a world-class heart surgery facility, since 2001.

I'm doing well all things considered. Prior to the HA I was in the gym 3x a week, doing cardio and weights. I was heavy but strong. Now I'm getting my stamina back and am driving my Ford around with no problem. I'm hung out to dry with the cardiac rehab, which may extend my disability by a month, which is ok with me.

loudbang and Sinister like this.
  6. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Glad to hear you are doing good. I just got out of the hospital last wed. I was in for 8 days. My problem started at the end of Sept. I had cramps in my foot and lower leg. Went to the doctor and he told me sounded like a blood clot but I was too HEALTHY to have one. He sent me out for tests and sure enough I did. They put me on blood thinner and was doing ok until 2 weeks ago. I had major lower back pains. I went to ER and they found my inr to be 9.8 it is supposed to be 2. Got admitted and they found a second blood clot in my lung. They then installed some filter in me to break up the blood clots. I was released on wed and went back to work on thur. I am weak and tired but seem to get better each day. I am sure they have warned you about getting a blood clot. I am just waiting to see the doctor next week and start on treatment. I remember reading this post after you just posted it and thinking how lucky I was. I knew I would get sick someday but never at 61. I hope you get stronger every day and pray for a easy recovery for you. I know a lot of us will be VERY THANKFUL this Thanksgiving.

loudbang likes this.
  7. I'm also 61 and they never mentioned blood clots and I'm not on a blood thinner. I have read that 40% of coronary bypass patients wind up with brain damage from blood clots. Some stats....

We're too young for this crap. I really should have had physicals along the way, but got derailed with my wife's cancer and death 2 years ago. Maybe a stent would have done the job as opposed to major surgery.

It was 3 exactly years ago that my wife had her cancer surgery, tough surgery but she was in and out in 6 days. Thanksgiving was like a week after she came home and we were appreciative.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I started feeling a little more energetic on Wednesday and my blood oxygen is staying above 90 even while doing some actual work. The doctor prescribed oxygen and said they would be calling me but they haven't yet. I was in for an echo sound of my heart to see if blood was bypassing. My oxygen level stayed up during that procedure. When I got home and started doing some things, I started getting tired, checked my oxygen level and it was down to 85%. I laid down to take a nap and it went back up into the 90s.

loudbang likes this.