Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features O Canada...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

No you are absolutely correct. I don't know what it is but it seems rather antiseptic. Newer building with rods don't mix as well as the Art Deco buildings of the PNE.

falcongeorge likes this.
  2. Very enjoyable read Boss. HRP

3. Gastown; a great place; though I haven't been up there for years. Nice write up Ryan!

4. Johnny99

Johnny99

Well----that was fun! Don't usually read the long stuff but you had me from the get go!
    Thanks.

tumblr_lppz9f70i61qasoc4.jpg

bowie likes this.
  5. Great to see you saw the coupe!
    I took some photos of the wheels and brakes during Mr Clarks show in Victoria. AKA Deuce Day!
    The wheels and brakes got me. Talk about knockin it out of the park!
    I added some of those photos to my Blog.
    www.1948fordpickup.blogspot.ca.
    next time you must visit Victoria July 24 2016 044.JPG July 24 2016 044.JPG July 24 2016 044.JPG July 24 2016 045.JPG

Attached Files:

ss34coupe and Drewfus like this.
  6. seatex

seatex

That's some prolific prose, Polyanna! Welcome BACK! (A nicer "sedan" I've never seen!)

7. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

A little black coupe is like a little black dress on a good looking readhead, nothing better !
    Great looking cars and nice pics, but what are the tail-lights on the two-tone coupe from?

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Keiths car is so refined and elegant. Something about the fall setting really brings that out even more than usual...:)

MBog likes this.
  9. The tail lights? I can't tell you. I'd have to kill you :p they are in theme with the name of the car. .... A-Bomb.

Tn. Trash and falcongeorge like this.
  10. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Great Article and shots Ryan. Well done. It was nice to meet you and thank very much for a great opportunity.

Brad

11. Grumbler

Grumbler

Fear and loathing in Vancouver, great story! Gastown is pretty tame now compared to back in the day when it was low rent. In my younger days we hung out in the strip bars, Gastown used to get pretty wild when the American navy came to town and there'd be a thousand or two shitfaced sailors - drinking age 19 - stumbling from bar to bar enjoying stronger Canadian beer and FULL nudity, ha ha

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    warbird1 and falcongeorge like this.
  12. autobilly

autobilly

You use deodorant?

13. sololobo

sololobo

super shoot, sweet rides

14. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

They make me quite hoppy.... er, happy that is.

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

STELLA!!!!!

rpm56 likes this.
  16. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Vancouver is one of the prettiest places in the world!
    That "Loonie" and "Toonie" thing really keeps me a sense of irony in Canada.

falcongeorge likes this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I can vouch for this first-hand, I was a regular at the old Spinning Wheel on Carroll street in the late seventies thru mid-eighties, it was a wild scene down there in those days.

Grumbler likes this.
  18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I looked at them in person, I don't think they are from any ONE place;)...More like an imaginative blending of bits from a variety of sources. Am I on the right track here Chopped51?

19. ^^^^^^
    You win today's prize George...........

falcongeorge likes this.
  20. RmK57

RmK57

Were the Powder Blues band the house at the Spinning wheel? Seems every time we went there they were playing. Lots of good times at the Savoy to.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes, and the music teacher at my daughters elementary school is a former Powder Blues trumpet player! Some of our conversations about "the old days" are 1) pretty interesting, and 2) probably not elementary school appropriate!:D It was a real "small world" moment when we realized we had been at the same places at the same time. My daughter is REALLY interested in music, and we listen to a lot of the same music that was a big influence on him, she is playing keyboards and really seems to have a talent for it, and he is taking a personal interest in her musical progress. He was totally blown away when she started humming "St. Thomas" in music class!

22. eddie1

eddie1

That would be amazing!

23. eddie1

eddie1

Very true!

24. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1479435467.356058.jpg

Damn that is hot!

25. Rustyhogger

Rustyhogger

Hello Ryan
    Great photos glad to see some Canadian cars. Hope you will return lots going on up North.
    You want real old school beer try Molson Export or Labatts 50.I take them to parties all the time you don't have to worry about anyone drinking your beer.Cheers.

26. Great read. Glad you all made it out of that Escape from New York type hellish atmosphere unscathed...

27. Great story and pics, Boss. Glad to have you, your cameras, and your keyboard back with us after your medical issues. I didn't bother to open this thread when it first appeared, but I just read thru the whole thing. That's some great journalism!

I never knew there were any Hot Rods in Canada until I joined the HAMB a year ago. But it is obvious that our All-American hobby is alive and well north of the border.

28. Great feature on the car. I have followed the build thread since day 1. Still waiting on the details on the brakes, hubs, and wheels.

29. You'll probably get a faster response by inquiring on the build thread itself...

30. Hey Boss...awesome photos and awesome writing. I've only been to Vancouver twice....about 2001ish The first time I drove up from Colorado and came into the city from the east/west highway mid evening. From the higher elevation, I could see some of the main streets headed directly downtown from the highway I was on, so I got a motel room and figured I'd tour the city a while and avoid the daytime traffic. I was just reminded of the street name I was on, mentioned a few times...Hastings, lol. After driving a few miles, I passed a park and then started noticing some hookers. another block, maybe a dozen hookers, a few more blocks and they were mobing the street on both sides...hunderds and hundreds of them.