Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 63 Galaxie 500 HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopped_shoebox, Nov 15, 2016.

1. chopped_shoebox

chopped_shoebox

I got an "almost finished" project recently and am having issues to say the least. Car has tons of potential and here is my issue...
    It's got a zero mile cruise o matic! but these guys weren't too into keeping all the parts once it was reinstalled. Please, if anyone has this setup, take a few pictures and give me an idea what I'm missing and where it goes.
    Specifically I need to see the linkage from the trans to the carb linkage
    I also need to see the passenger side and just above the pan gasket there is two tubing line fittings that have no tubing connected and another tubing line above that that drops down just behind the pan on that side as well.
    Once I filled the trans up and got it cycled, it was leaking from what appeared to be the front of the pan gasket but could not verify that specifically. Before I pour a bunch more fluid on the ground I'd like to make sure I've got it all buttoned up first.

2. chopped_shoebox

chopped_shoebox

Here's what I'm dealing with. Typical 352 with a 2bbl.

Attached Files:

3. RmK57

RmK57

The two tube fittings are for your transmission cooler lines which should go either to the bottom of your radiator or to a separate trans cooler. Don't start the car without them hooked up or you'll pump all the oil out of the trans. The other one could be for the modulator.

4. osut362

osut362
    from East Texas
    1. Upholstery

I have a '64 Galaxie. Go to the Ford Muscle web site, in the Galaxie forum and down load the shop manual. Also lots of friendly people if you need a question answered........Al

5. sunbeam

sunbeam

The downshift rod goes in the front hole in the bellcrank a spring not in your picture hooks in the notch in the back of the bellcrank and goes down to a to a hole in the pivot for the foot feed that is on the firewall.