Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can anyone identify this steering box ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by El Chase'o, Nov 13, 2016.

1. El Chase'o

El Chase'o

Was wondering if any one can save me some time and help me identify what this steering box is out of originally before being hack master flashed onto the car ...only identifying markings are 2501&last number can't make out 02 stamped below that it's mated to a total performance floor mount column , took some quick pics of it in place before pulling it out , trying to find rebuild parts before I just take a different route . It's mounted on t-bucket that seems to be majority total performance parts ..built in 80's thanks for any input , greatly appreciate it

Attached Files:

2. El Chase'o

El Chase'o

Just pulled the body to get it out , original mounting flange I imagine was cut off and this one was welded in place of ..looks like steering shaft was shortened and section welded on in place for steering wheel . Any recommendations on any places that rebuild these old units ?

Attached Files:

3. firebrrat

firebrrat
    from Payson Az

My dad thinks it's 50-52 ford pickup truck. I use 53-56 for my hotrod and it's really close.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. firebrrat

firebrrat
    from Payson Az

Open it up see if there's any part numbers on it then it's easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Looks like a Ford F1 box to me..

verde742 likes this.
  6. verde742

verde742

i think its a Ford PU, wire comes out bottom for horn..

7. El Chase'o

El Chase'o

It definitely has the hole for horn wire ...but isn't matching up to any old Ford boxes I research ... The top of the steering shaft was cut off and a section of Ford shaft was welded in place to allow ford steering wheel if I'm correct .. witch leads me to believe it may not be Ford , I'm at a loss ..sent pics to a shop in Minnesota that rebuilds them , they said they have done them before ..around 300$ bucks but he can't recall or identify it yet either ! Lol