Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration When's the last time anybody saw this one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLACK STUDE, Nov 13, 2016.

1. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Saw this in a shop in Wimberly, Tx. today. (Let's see how long it takes for you guys to identify the parts and cars IMG_20161113_182206.jpg on the cover.) Guessing mid 60's?

LOU WELLS and phantompjcoupe like this.
  2. AFAIK that's Tom McMullens 32 hiboy......andyd

3. far left and far right...Vette.....rest are the roadster....

4. McMullen roadster

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Is the Corvette the one Junior Conway painted when it was practically new? '63, and they cut the split out and painted it candy blue before the '64 was out?

6. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

You guys are the best, I'm 57 and have the vision of the two Pontiacs on one of the beach boys albums stuck in my brain, think it was a 65 gto and a 65 Catalina 2+2. I was all of 6 yrs old. I was born 10 yrs too late, I sure missed a lot. I grew up on hot rod magazine in the sixties.

7. phantompjcoupe

phantompjcoupe
    from chicago

I don't know how that wound up in Texas... but I think that is actually my old album. I recognize the tape on the one side.
    It was my uncles.
    I cleaned out my basement last winter and got rid of two boxes of records. There were three car related ones. The other two were records of 65?(I think) NHRA winter and summer nationals, and one of another car related song album, which showed a whole bunch of roadsters on the cover- like an aerial shot.
    The NHRA one was like, someone recorded the sound of the cars running the strip, and the announcers voice. Pretty neat.
    How much were they asking for it anyways? Did you spot the other two there?
    In any case... it's definitely the McMullen roadster. I think the back of the jacket shows the whole car, if I remember right.
    And on a side note... the album you show used to be on iTunes. Not sure if it's there anymore though.
    Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  8. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Yes I have this album too!

9. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

That was the only car related album I saw. $15 was the asking price. I had a sounds of the drags album from the 64' winter nationals when I was a kid. My best friend and I would sit in two chairs next to each other and do wheelies and race each other to the sounds on the album. (Even an argument or two about who won.) Amazing how easily entertained two six year olds could be back then. Damn, times sure have changed.

phantompjcoupe and falcongeorge like this.