Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tri-Five tag question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SherrillHotrods, Nov 11, 2016.

1. SherrillHotrods

SherrillHotrods

Hey everyone I have a question about a 55 chevy I'm looking into buying and it's got a weird trim tag. It has stampings that I've never seen before. Trim tag reads as this....

STYLE NO. 55-1037D
    BODY NO. S 5204
    TRIM NO. 521-SPEC
    PAINT NO. XXX-615-EZI-S
    TOP. ACC

Now I know it means it's a 55 sport Coupe Bel-Air and it was shoreline beige and gypsy red inside and out but the SPEC STAMPING and the XXX is throwing me off because I know the EZI means tinted glass if anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. ThumperNZ

ThumperNZ

SPEC usually means the paint combination is reversed or altered from the factory style in some way, sometimes it's the dash that's changed in color or the interior garnishes. St Louis Fisher Bodies stamping XXX by the paint code prompts the line to take note of the order. The S would probably mean Power Seat. EZI is of course tinted glass.
    The BODY No. S5204 means it was the 5,204th BelAir Sport Coupe made at St Louis Fisher Bodies.

low budget likes this.
  3. SherrillHotrods

SherrillHotrods

Awesome. thank you! I've been trying to research for days for that info. I really appreciate it

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hmm, never heard of that, So I guess that means you could special order a combo that wasnt offered?

5. SherrillHotrods

SherrillHotrods

[​IMG]

Here is pic of trim tag it's a lot different then most important thing seen.

6. squirrel

squirrel

It looks like the XXX was stamped over another number, as if they changed the tag while making it. But I could be wrong, the pic is pretty good, but not quite close up enough, or high enough resolution.