Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Foresight Ventures Indy 500 Speed Wheels Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raderschwein, Nov 11, 2016.

1. raderschwein

raderschwein
    from merca

Been lurking and learning enough I think I have a legitimate question that hasn't been discussed before. I have a set of these wheels I got from a member a few years ago for a 65 Galaxie hardtop project that were bead blasted and had the rim lip and spokes edges nicely refinished in correct brushed I believe. I would like to restore the black to the inner spokes and webbing area. Does anyone here know what the correct sheen of black would be? Semi-Flat, Semi-Gloss, Wrinkle? I figured I'd consult the experts on this one since I've never been close to an OEM set.
    Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. we like pictures......

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whatever kind of black you think is the coolest will be just fine. Don't get hung up on correct.

-Abone.

4. raderschwein

raderschwein
    from merca

You know, I thought I had some pictures on my computer I had taken after I got them or pics from the original hamb classifieds to upload with my post but I couldn't find them. Must be on my old hard drive. Have to dig that out and see. Or, I could just join the 21st century and take a picture with my phone! LOL

5. raderschwein

raderschwein
    from merca

Man, I like that answer. Wish I could make it that easy on myself.

6. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a few pics of Foresight Ventures Drag Mags, with original black paint between the spokes. I got these from the original purchaser a few years back, he had only ran them on his car for about 3 years then put them in the shed. Best way I would describe the finish is satin - not quite as glossy as it appears in the pics, but also not at all flat. Hope this helps.

dragmag1.jpg dragmag2.jpg dragmag3.jpg

falcongeorge and blowby like this.
  7. raderschwein

raderschwein
    from merca

That is exactly what I needed. Thanks much guys!