Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is your neighborhood hamb friendly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy2times, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Thats a nice one i keep trying to get clear pics of my neighbors rides but the pics all come out blurry and i think they .might think im a car thief if i walk up and take pics hahaha

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. SJ13

SJ13
    from PNW

[​IMG]Always Looking For Classics In My Neigjborhood

timmy2times likes this.
  3. There is a lot around my neck of the woods this one is at my work right now guess it was in a movie[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am my neighborhood! Big advantage of living out in the boondocks, we leave each other along to do what we want.

timmy2times and mad mikey like this.
  5. My neighborhood is all about how much over a million point something your house cost, attending the kids sports events and how new is your Escalade or how big is your engine in your new BMW.
    I am considered a total outcast, a nut job.

wraymen likes this.
  6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Funny, I posted how mine wasn't, but the other day I tried a short cut through a neighborhood on my way to the hardware store. Man, I spotted a '56 Nomad, a 440 Roadrunner and an AMC Javelin! All within10 minutes of each other. Needless to say, I'll be taking that route more. I'd love to meet the owners and chat for a bit.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    timmy2times likes this.
  7. Just goes to show that you never know where the next hot rod is hiding haha

8. choptop40

choptop40

Boonies are the best for me.....

timmy2times likes this.
  9. [​IMG]
    Seen this guy at my corner store while i was getting gas[​IMG]
    This one 3 houses down

10. vetteguy402

vetteguy402
    from omaha, ne

We did that when we dropped the stroker small block in my father-in-law's 57 chevy. Even the sheriff was all smiles.

Sent from my SM-N900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

timmy2times likes this.
  11. Neighbor used to call the cops on me all the time in Clovis. Trailer in the driveway, my old diesel gmc smelled bad. Glad he moved away.

timmy2times likes this.
  12. My neighbors told me not run my car in the day only night i laughed

13. choptop40

choptop40

I'm hand friendly..Houston 77070....

14. indyjps

indyjps

My neighborhood: a guy that owns a high end muscle car shop, guy with a 70 bronco doing a frame off, guy that sold his turbo fox body. Family that owns a limo company, 1 local cop, 1 DEA agent. Couple big boat guys.
    Not too many complaints, but I keep quiet,my stuff clean and put away. Snow blow my neighbors drives randomly if I'm up first, help neighbors on projects (fixed a stove-ignitor, welded up some outdoor chairs, fixed a bike)
    A little effort goes a long way keeping the peace.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got a nasty not about parking my car on block up from my house. It told me to go rent a garage, and stop using street spaces like they are public parking (they are for public parking, and I have a city resident permit, for that neighborhood).

I made the mistake of parking in front of a 4.5-million-dollar mansion (in a legitimate public space).

The worst part about it, it was not my 1960 Falcon. It was my wife's 2006 VW Jetta. In my neighborhood, that is an old beater car. Even the nanny gets to drive the mid-size Mercedes, so the kids are safe.

I so very much want to move out of this place. They can smell my blue collar a mile away, and won't let me forget it.

Oh, and it was angrily written on Ritz Carlton stationery.

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry about that, the stationary was left over from a night the Mrs. and I went slumming. Stop parking in front of my house, Oh and the "Grey Poupon" gag is getting old. ;)

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Scary moment Billy
    I was ready to type some lame Grey Poupon response just before I read your post.
    True story.

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force, for a second I assumed it was gas but now I'm convinced it was the force.

19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a "starter mansion", too. Those folks are mighty uppity. Head up to the top of the hill, and you will find the real mansions ($20,000,000-$25,000,000).

Those people won't even admit that people like me are people, let alone leave notes on my car.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They have "people" for that.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  21. LBCD

LBCD

When I got my 41 out of painter jail a few years ago my kid and I were driving over to get gas. The new master cylinder I installed push rod was not adjusted correctly and the brakes seized up on the way back. While trying to figure out what was going on this old timer with his dog drove up and helped me out, he drove home and grabbed a 10 mm wrench and came back within 5 minutes with the wrench so I could brake the bleeder loose and relieve the pressure.
    I always wondered were he lived and hadn’t seen him for the past few years. While driving around the neighborhood this past weekend I found his car parked outside his house the guy was a life saver and I need to stop off one of these days at his house and say hi, such as cool little roadster!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Rex_A_Lott likes this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

Nothin" but challengers and tuners in my neighborhood... :mad::mad: So much for living in Ford country..... :rolleyes:

23. toml24

toml24

There is a street in the South Bay area of Southern California in which a 1964 (believed) Dodge Dart is reposed on a trailer behind a OT car on the street. The Dodge is a profound rust bucket, but yet it's there, always trailered, sometimes on differents streets but always in the same general area. I could go so far as to call it an eyesore. No signs on the car and it's just a big mystery. There is a reason for the display but I can't connect the dots.