Register now to get rid of these ads!

History History (and Build) of Just Steve's 1932 Ford Three Window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Roadsir, Nov 26, 2013.

1. scoop

scoop

Eric,I had a helluva good time with you and your dad and uncle yesterday.I'll let you know when we come to tour the brewery.

2. Roadsir

Roadsir

Keep me posted, how about a brewery cruise? Kato Beer, Schells, do some lunch...

1927graham likes this.
  3. scoop

scoop

That sounds like fun.I'll let you know.When were you going to China?

4. Roadsir

Roadsir

July 10-20...pretty much kills two weekends

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

Had the 32 out today as well as the sedan and 40.
    Time to get after the 32 again. It needs some refinement this winter and finish up some loose ends.

IMG_1478381138.368085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Great weather for November so I had the roadster out for a 100 + mile cruise on Thursday and then took the 3 window out yesterday for another 100 + miles.....Sedan goes out tomorrow.

7. Roadsir

Roadsir

Kinda nice this time of year as there typically isn't much planned, so it's like bonus Hot Rod days!

8. Eric, looks like you hit the hot rod lottery! Great lineup. Bob

Roadsir likes this.
  9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I know you like to turn over your hot rod inventory, but I'd be hard pressed to give up ANY of those! There's A LOT of midwest hot rod history in that lineup!!!!

10. Roadsir

Roadsir

The inventory will turn less and less from here on out...The 3 window is obviously a keeper, A 40 Deluxe coupe was always on my list especially if had history and stuff like plated window moldings. The sedan is growing on my as I put some more miles on it, especially the QC, and the 401 pulls like crazy too.

I have a real appreciation for folks that have had the same car since ......whenever 20, 30, 40 years, and you see it every season and it looks just the same or better. I'm wired different, I have a lot of cars that I would like to experience yet (building a roadster, want a shop truck, want 61 Chev, a drag car, wouldn't mind some sort of exotic or sports car etc. but I don't see myself with 5,6,7 cars as my practical/conservative side couldn't stand to see them not used or used infrequently.

11. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Yeah, It's kind of become a curse to have owned my coupe so long at this point (33 years!) Even though a 40 coupe will always be my "dream car". there are several other cars I would like to have, but at this point I only have time/space/money for one. So I try to do a little something on it every year just to change it up. Maybe someday, it will even get a hood!! In a moment of weakness about 20 years ago, I almost sold it for my "magic number", but the guy flashing the cash was a "flipper", and I had a buddy whispering in my ear that I'd never own another 40 coupe if I sold it, so I backed out. Giving it up at this point would be like giving up one of my kids...it may even hurt worse! ;)
    If I ever win the lottery, and you still have the sedan, I'll start flashing the cash, because that's one I've always wanted to have for it's history!

Roadsir likes this.
  12. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

One of my saddest moto memories is the feeling I had watching someone driving my '38 Ford Coupe away and looking the insignificant amount of money in my hand. It was my first car. I wonder where it is now?

loudbang and Roadsir like this.
  13. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think many of us have gone through that. I sure have have.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Roadsir

Roadsir

Yeah, I have said before that if you're struggling on a decision to sell a car have your buddy hop in it and drive it down the street and back so you can see what it looks like!

15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Where were you when I needed you?:)

Roadsir likes this.
  16. I would like to see a better photo of your sedan please....

17. Roadsir

Roadsir

Here's a view from the other side...... I do have a thread on the car. It was the cover car on the first issue of Cars and Clubs magazine and was the "Dark Red Rose" It was chopped in the fifties, has the same Halibrand rear, the paint on it now is an old 70's lacquer.......401 Buick with 3-2's.....you can read more it about it here.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-hiboy-sedan-chopped-blue-nailhead-qc.824959/

upload_2016-11-11_18-49-52.png

18. Always good to read your threads!! On your sedan, those rear wheels are tucked in there so nice!!!

loudbang likes this.
  19. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thanks you....
    Craig are you or have you moved? PM me or let me know if you need any help.

1927graham likes this.
  20. Thanks for posting the page about the sedan. I had burned that brain cell along with many others as it sucks to be old. But I really like the sedan. Now if it only had hair pins....

21. Thanks for offer Eric, yes, I need money, lots of money!! The new place should be completed the first week in January, this weather has been simply incredible, hope to see you in Hastings next year!!!

22. Roadsir

Roadsir

Just been driving this old Ford lately. I did run it down Des Moines and back, and around town.
    Here's a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Louie, jmikee and 16 others like this.
  23. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Thanks for the neat shots, love the look you have achieved.

24. I will be damned. We spoke at GG about this car, you had just parked in the deuce corral. Didn't know it was you and THIS car. I helped connect you with a Cedar Rapids "historian" (John P) about your '40. Cheers mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loudbang likes this.
  25. Roadsir

Roadsir

Yeah, I parked the car, hung around a bit then started checking things out. Wish I could have met up in person....Still have Jack's 40 and plan on having it at the HAMB drags again this year. Haven't talked to John in awhile...I should, my Dad still needs some dirt modified parts.
    Eric

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. alchemy

alchemy

You can tell you were in Iowa with all those wind generators in the background.

loudbang likes this.
  27. Nice shots.

28. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Jeez that last shot sure looks like my neck of the woods - wind farm less than a couple km's from my parent's yard.

29. Better get on it then. John is moving to Arizona, I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loudbang, Roadsir and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So those are the things that generate wind! I thought they generated electricity. LOL

loudbang, Roadsir and chryslerfan55 like this.