Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford x- member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roger didonato, Oct 31, 2016.

1. roger didonato

roger didonato

Still need info on installing tubular x-member in my 36 ute thanx

2. That's a pretty wide open question. Do you mean like how to instructions or why you should or shouldn't, who's to use?
    The Wizzard

3. roger didonato

roger didonato

Thanx for the reply.I guess pretty much all those questions or would I be better off just using the center mount kit as I want to use a turbo 350

4. This is your answer

5. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Yup. The stock X-members will be stronger than you could ever need, unless they are badly corroded, have all the proper holes and mounts in them, are the right size, and already in your frame...

6. RainierHooker is right on. Unless your starting with Scrap Iron for a stock X member I can't think of any good reason to cut it out and try to piece together a tube style. In fact I have had 1/8" folded up to repair and replace several stock X members. I could have just as easily walked over and bent my own tubelure style units. To me it's just the wrong direction for a 36 ute.
    The Wizzard

7. roger didonato

roger didonato

Thanx for your reply guess Ill go with the stock xmember

8. roger didonato

roger didonato

Thanx to you & Rainhooker Saves me a lot of work

9. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I believe there's a Chassis Eng. kit in the classifieds for a '36-'40 w/350..................................................

10. VCS

VCS

I have the bare plate available if your interested