Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Does Anyone Know Of Some LONG Seat Slides

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CarQuestions, Nov 4, 2016.

1. CarQuestions

CarQuestions

Hi All,

I am looking for some long seat slides. Some are only 4 inches and the longest I have seen is 10 inches.
    Does anyone know of some seat slides that are longer?

Is there a kit that is designed such that two tracks can be welded together?

Just thought I would ask before I started purchasing some random parts.

THANKS!!!

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Speedway has them. Gary

3. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

We had forklifts that we had people from 4 foot 10 inches to 7 feet tall operating. I put one set of sliders on top of the other and sunk them down in the front to accommodate everybody.

5. If you're looking for a wide adjustment range, look at power seat tracks. They almost always have more adjustment range than manual tracks, as well as tilt and height. They're pretty common anymore, so finding one shouldn't hard at all.

6. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

What are you trying to accomplish ,
    If more ajustmet to move seat forward or back use 3/8 flat stock drill and bolt to seat ,then drill and tap flat stock bolt trac to it

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

He`s right. The normal seat tracks have your standard, front back movement. Good for most vehicles. But there are seat tracks with extra long double action movement. Perfect for getting into the back of a Model A or anyother vehicle. If you a 6 foot tall and need the seat sitting rearward and also are able to slide it forward for entry into the back seat. Try the Bronco II, and similar vehicles. They have standard movement plus when you tilt the seat back forward , you get more travel. Also try around the 2001 S-10`s that are extended cabs. Or any other extended cab pickups. They are usually found only on the passenger side of the vehicle(The extended seat tracks.). Not found on full sized vehicles.

8. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

Buddy of mine used Pontiac Grand am
    Passenger seat slides way forward to get in
    Not sure what year

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app