Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Devil In The Details

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Lazy A, stalle61, fauj and 5 others like this.
  2. Yes it's hard work! But that first ride is well worth it. Cool T.

3. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

This has me torn,I've watched this vid about six times.I always wanted to build a track t with a turtle deck.Heavily influenced by Marty Strodes stuff.Finally found an original steel body ,old rod with a shortened pickup bed and have been making plans to cut the bed off.This car and royal shifters has me second guessing my plans.and i have always loved the kiwi purple t,s with flames.thanks for scewing with my mind. Johnny
    IMG_7740.jpg

4. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

Great video. Asphalt Demon, I hear you. That's a tough call...the little bed on there is pretty cool though. Any idea when it was done?

AHotRod and Asphalt Demon like this.

5. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Awesome video ..Cool car

6. belair

belair

I love the bed. Love the angled windshield and how it matches the angle of the "kick up" of the body as it begins to wrap around at side and back. Love the sound. Sounds like a radial engine exhaust. Do I love that car? Yes. Yes I do.

7. perfect balance of colors and chrome...........gotta love it!

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every time we see this cool hot rod at a show it simply draws you in for a closer look to check out the details and each time you notice something you missed last time.

Asphalt Demon likes this.
  9. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

"The difference between owning a Hot Rod and not owning a Hot Rod, is hard work" Boom, nailed it. Kiwi's are some of my favorite people. Great attitude, nice car.

Luke W, Lazy A, SoCal and 5 others like this.
  10. Yes!!! Aaron!!
    Bitchen.
    D

11. Yes, a very nice car and definitely not average.

12. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Jungle Jalopy unfortunately no idea,it is an american car originaly and imported into Australia.Our t,s were very different here before 1926.It has signs it was once a finished car/ or well progressed channeld project.I was lucky enough to get it from someone moving house and couldn't rehome it.

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I love that Lil hot rod. Tony and I got to see it in person when we were in New Zealalnd a couple of years ago.
    As Aaron suggested a lot of people would love to own a hot rod, but it takes a special type of person to own and totally understand them.
    Below is a couple of made up custom hot rod covers I have done recently featuring New Zealand hot rods as well as Tony's roadster. Which is in fact an old channeled hot rod imported from new Zealand many years ago, that Tony rebuilt as you see it here.
    I have been doing quite a number of these custom hot rod covers this last few weeks. For those that may be interested they can be seen on The Last Grasp thread.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-last-grasp-special-34-3-window-build.683056/page-86

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Max Gearhead, Asphalt Demon and Stogy like this.
  14. Roothawg

Roothawg

15. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

That Hot Rod Revue guy is a moving pictures artist! He's rumored to be a fully good bastard too!

Drewfus likes this.
  16. autobilly

autobilly

17. Great car from a guy who totally gets it.
    Hard work pays off and being obsessed with a car during the build is a requirement if you ask me.

18. catdad49

catdad49

It's cool because it's right. Later, it was a piece of s--t. Lots hard work in between, I like it!

19. I totally get where he comes from . . . the relentless pursuit of a dream, with a vision and a general direction (HotRod compass to navigate from).

There are countless "mental design sessions" that go one in one's mind . . . and they really never stop. I don't think a car is ever really "done" in my mind - there seems to always be something I'd like to do better/different or just change in some way. I think about my heaps every dang day - can't stop my mind from pondering the smallest little design idea and all the ways to potentially solve a "problem" or make something better. Nicely Done Dude!

20. My wife watched the video, then turned to me, rolled her eyes and said, "That's you but with a Kiwi accent!"

I took it as a compliment. :cool:

Lazy A, Petejoe and kiwijeff like this.
  21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great video, car is pretty rad as well. I think he got the "restlessness" across better than most.

Thanks for posting it for us!

22. SoCal

SoCal

Haha. Def just a rumour.

Thanks a lot for posting this up, Ryan.
    Aaron is a real nice guy and this car is a true credit to him.

Drewfus likes this.
  23. p__moore

p__moore

Excellent video. Bet that first paragraph of dialog resonates with a lot of folk on here.
    Very good work and excellent T.

24. lucky ink

lucky ink

Thanks for sharing.Great video enjoyed well spoken.

25. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Good story. Nicely done and well narrated.

26. Very cool video and roadster. Thanks for sharing.

27. von Dyck

von Dyck

Can't resist a comment! Obsession! Got to have it if it ever is going to materialize into reality. Yeh, there are times when you have to just walk away and let the brain "soak", let the ideas germinate. Great job, Aaron. Nicely finished handmade parts many times get overlooked by the casual observer, but there is always that (how-be-it somewhat rare) guy who gets it. And yes, he will see something he may have overlooked earlier.
    In my case, I found my Arrow headlights toward the end of my build - had a nice set of King Bees ready for color. ( wasn't about to pay So-Cal's exorbitant price for Arrows) Numerous other aspects had to be "right". Numerous other aspects had to be different - if not better than the iconic Grabowski Kookie Kar. Not a clone. Rather a Grabowski influence.

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

!730Lo.JPG
    Don't give up on the turtledeck. There are plenty of T bucket pickups around, but not enough track-style T's.

29. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Thanks.....won't be able to watch that video just once! Simple and slick Hot Rod. They have to be simple to be slick!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    T-roaster likes this.