Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Spooktacular FAS 10/28/16 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It looks similar to the work of an artist here in KC. Pretty cool!

Here are a few works in progress for the kustom kulture Christmas party in Witchita Kansas this December at Mcphail's shop artist at large. Had a massive turn out of artists and patrons last year. Had a blast!

IMG_3983.JPG IMG_3976.JPG IMG_3981.JPG
    Hard to get good photos because they are so shiney but they sure glow in person because of the layers of glaze :)

Lots of inspiration this week, thanks guys!

2. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Love the title, love the artwork ..........

3. My wife and I got married on 10/31 , because marriage is a scary thing. My wife copied this , and is my favorite,off the FAS and put it on my pc as a screen saver . She says it fits us us to a t or should I say a Duce . Blue ( think it was done by Bob )
    IMG_0475.JPG

4. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Good, scary stuff today! Here's a couple of my "Hollow Weenies"..... holloweenie1.jpg holloweenie2.jpg holloweenie3.jpg

5. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1367.JPG Gotta tell ya'll...Ive never drawn a whole bunch but this is one of my favorite posts every week....you guys are so talented. Well I decided to give it a try and have come to realize just how tuff this craft is...I did these this week while sitting around and have struggled with getting the perspectives correct, especially the tires and wheels and the hood on the 55 doesn't look correct...any how, Im not gonna give up yet and will mess around some more as I work thru the ones Ive started here. You guys impress me!

6. Winner of last week's FAS drawing for the "HAMB Drag Nationals" sign was xderelict. Congrats!

Happy Halloween!

[​IMG]

7. wisdonm

wisdonm

8. DSCF3528.JPG
    wanted to draw something this week, but backed up at work...........trying to get things done with a skeleton crew.

9. robber

robber

..."Dark" and "Sinister"... :) cp 503.jpg cp 388.jpg

10. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few weeks ago I posted a cake cutter I made for my daughter here's her cake work . Sorry its not with the Halloween theme . IMG_6242 (Edited).JPG But it was sweet tasting.

11. benzjohn

benzjohn

TRI-FIVE CHEVY EMBLEM 1.jpg

12. benzjohn

benzjohn

Rusty1 , Thanks for the catch on the Chevrolet Emblem. I must have reversed it when I added it to the wallpaper.
    I corrected it and will repost it correctly. GOOD CATCH!!! TRI-FIVE CHEVY EMBLEM 1.jpg

Stogy and Jigger like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Make your 55' windshield wider and it'll make the hood look right ;) hopefully that's enough explanation but if not feel free to ask more. Drawing cars is actually very hard to get right, and drawing a 32 is nothing like drawing a merc.

Best advice I can offer is to use good reference and to start out by "building" the car out of transparent cubes to make up the correct shapes. It helps you keep things in scale/ proportion and everything at the same angle.

Well that and keep going :) it's something that
    you really only get better at by doing it a million times. Eventually you say "hey that's pretty good!" And then you try another kind of car or funny angle and you suck all over again lol.

That being said your drawings look great and I would absolutely encourage you to keep going!

14. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the tip on the 55...ive been staring at that off and on for two days now trying to figure it out but now I see what you mean...the hood is actually too long and making the windshield wider will bring the hood back into proportion...ill play with it a little after coming out of the shop tomorrow ....thanks again..........Ron

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Tim likes this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Franky probably drives a nail head. Nice pic!

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah it's all a little give and take. Maybe for next week I'll do a time lapse of me doing a hotrod drawing. I learn a lot watching other people work so maybe it'll be useful.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Indeed that is one I did a few years ago ......glad it works for you and your wife, and happy anniversary......

JOYFLEA likes this.
  18. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

19. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

20. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Still my favorite post to go with my Saturday morning coffee! Thanks for all the contributions!

Devin

themoose likes this.
  21. Halloween colors... Black and Orange. Nice subtle hint. Ha Ha. Looks tasty.

Okie Pete likes this.
  22. Better late than never...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. tinsled

tinsled

24. benzjohn...ahh,..mucho better, looks rite now...jus tryin to help.
    ...everybody did a great job on this FAS.

25. Thrown in a spook. Happy Halloween.
    invicula2_edited-2.jpg

ct1932ford, oldsjoe, Merlin and 11 others like this.
  26. KIMG0361.jpg

Gives the trick-or-treaters something to take a picture with. Clearly Disney Cars inspired. Made with poster paper. Just having fun with it.

27. cac646

cac646

Pretty late for the show. My son wanted to be a motor for Halloween this year. Not entirely historically accurate but looked pretty cool I think.

IMG_1477855211.654557.jpg IMG_1477855201.558044.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

JOYFLEA, robber, patmanta and 9 others like this.
  28. more halloween than art? DSCF0005.JPG

robber, oldsjoe and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  29. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

LIVE from El Bait in Des Moines, IA.
    If you are in Des Moines, you have to check out El Bait.
    200 Beers on tap. Fantastic Food. Cool murals (attached).
    [​IMG]