Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1932 Ford 4-doors,,who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2008.

1. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

2. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I too have seen this car each time I went to Shades for years, love it.

3. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

4. clem

clem

image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'm really surprised that nobody has put up pictures of the Chet Herbert Fordor in the original form: chetherbertedan1.jpg ChetHrbert4dr.jpg
    IMO this was the first deuce Fordor that could really be called cool, and it was truly unique. GMC 6 running on butane with alcohol injection, Dynaflow, hand controls, chopped and channeled. One early article described it as having air brakes, but I suspect that was a misnomer.

I'm not sure who made the change to the inlaid flathead, but it belonged to actor/speedway bike racer Billy Gray by the time I was in high school (1957):
    32ChetHerbert.jpg
    I've never seen a later picture of the car than this one, and I have no idea how it may have been transformed again.

alfin32, nitrobrother and volvobrynk like this.
  6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Cool 4 doors. I still have my really cherry 4 door body. Guess I'll have to part it out or give it away?

spiffy1937 likes this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

8. racemad55

racemad55

The one you have Gary is excellent from the pics,wish it was closer. Put a deposit on one 3 hours away yesterday, A running driving hotrod with some small mechanical issues and a really nice body. pictures next weekend.

9. clem

clem

Post 306 reminded me of this one, currently for sale here. image.jpg image.jpg

10. I just picked this one up to get me on the road a lot sooner than I would of with my Fordor project. I'll miss the 3" chop on mine but this one is running and painted and the price was right, much less than what it would take me to get mine done. This one needs an attitude change to get rid of the stink bug look and get a wheel a tire change to wires and tall skinny tires. So that means my chopped Fordor body will be for sale soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My old Fordor will be up for sale soon.....................
    [​IMG]

clem likes this.
  11. BAAD32

BAAD32

Decided to fender it.

Attached Files:

clem and nitrobrother like this.
  12. BAAD32

BAAD32

3/4 back view

Attached Files:

willysguy, clem and nitrobrother like this.
  13. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Boy, that looks cool!

14. My new Fordor is running great and I'm enjoying driving it. I love all the room inside and the relative quiet comfort while going down the road. Here it is with a set respoked Kelsey's I had already with new 165R15 tires on the front with the same BFG 285/70's on the back. I also lowered it a bit in back for a more level stance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. kiwi88

kiwi88

Hiboys are very cool but there is something just right about a chopped 32 fordor with fenders. Nice work.

16. clem

clem

image.jpeg image.jpeg

A couple from Cooly Rocks in Australia in June

32 4door likes this.
  17. gary chambers

gary chambers
    from colorado

I love chopped 4 doors and searched for a while before I found this 31Fordor with a 4 1/2" chop and 32 grill. Ford 289 or maybe a 302 with auto trans. Currently resides in Phoenix, I bought it from a broker out of North Carolina but it had a Nebraska title and a "25th Midwest Street Rod Association sticker on the windshield. It also had a 2004 NSRA safety inspection certificate sticker on the windshield, so it's safe to assume it was built years ago. Other than that I don't know much about the car. Does anyone out there know anything about this car?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  18. Bud Crane

Bud Crane

19. Yep, that's a nice mordoor. Belongs to fellow Kingsport (TN) Antique and Rod Club member Jerry Collins, who also owns an equally sweet 48 Chevy pickup.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  20. Time to bump this thread again since I have another 4 door. HRP

4 door.jpg

4 door deuce.jpg

50Fraud, cfmvw, 32 4door and 3 others like this.
  21. Yeaaa!!! Danny, that looks like a sweet one! Tell us the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say.

22. Jerry,I traded cars with a fellow Hamber Ron,he had this car for sell for a while and he had contacted me a while back wanting to know more about the red street rod sedan I had for sale.

He thought he had the car sold but the deal fell apart,he wanted a street rod and I had not had any luck selling my sedan so we camr to a deal and we traded cars.

it has a 283,a 350 transmission,8" Ford rear and the body is almost perfect,there are a few odds and ends to do but it will be on the road very soon. HRP

Additional photos

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    need louvers ? likes this.
  23. Perfect! You got to trade horses and you both got what you wanted!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. I really like your 4 door hiboy! HRP

25. I'm putting fenders and boards on it now and in some ways I wish I wasn't but its too late to turn back now!
    [​IMG]
    I'm having some problems with fitment on the Brookville drivers side front fender. I've got a small gap to fill here where it bolts to the side of the frame. I'm trying to tweak it before I start cutting and welding. The passenger side fit great.
    [​IMG]
    The Brookville frame horn covers don't fit because the sides aren't shaped correctly to fit the fender without some work. They are way too flat on the sides of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. John Stimac

John Stimac

This is my newest 32 4-door same color as my last one, but a different car !cid_0FA22228EC40473987F0F7314314854B@StimacPC.jpg

27. ^^^ Man... you must be living right.

Love it.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Love that car HRP! What was the build thread called? I was just searching for it when I it your thread and there it is!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. cpd682

cpd682
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from DFW, Texas

I am having the same challenges with my drivers front fender and rear frame horn covers as well. Glad it's not just me.

30. harris73085

harris73085

Al Consoli likes this.