Register now to get rid of these ads!

I almost got bitten by a junk yard dog yesterday.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Hey Bruce, was it one of these, Flanders Boevier. Very
    common in our junkyards.In my work i come across all sorts of crazy dogs but one i remember was a Blond Boevier as
    big as a bear. I could get him crazy anytime of the night
    but a cheese sandwich would turn him to jelly.I got him
    that far that he allways gave a paw.

Attached Files:

2. One more. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Forgot to mention, THEY ARE WEREWOLF,S. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. 46mopar

46mopar

One yard I used to go to used to have cows in it. You would have to keep a eye out for the piles of crap. Ok I know it's not as scary as a black goat. [​IMG]

5. Mojo_AL

Mojo_AL

I went looking for projects in an old junkyard around here. As I got back to the entrance, I noticed this small area with a dozen more cars. I got closer and saw a doghouse. Something started moving in there. I imagined a huge beast of a dog walking out and eating me alive.

A goat walked out and ate my sweater!

I had a good laugh that day.

Beware of the guard goat! [​IMG]

6. disastron13

disastron13

Years ago went out to French Lake in MN to dig for Stude ragtop parts. Had never noticed the hairy little ponies they used to keep the grass down.
    Working away on a 51 ragtop when I heard a strage and menacing noise, turned to see two of the little stallion-ponies facing of for a fight.
    I about one second one of the little 500 pound things had been kicked up aginst the car, shook it like a highway crash. Missed me by a couple feet. It screeched a bit and tore at the other one with its teeth.
    I got real scared and jumped into a 59 Pontiac, slammed the door and hid.
    The ponies kicked and bit each other for about fifteen minutes. Every time one landed a kick in the ribs of another, the breath would come out, "woosh".
    The noises they made were scary, like cats fighting, screeches and yips.
    Every time one hit the Pontiac, the whole 4000 pound sedan would lurch to the side.
    I left the junk yard chastened and pale.
    One of them ponies would take any dog to pieces in about ten seconds.
    Beware.

7. ALSO HERE IN THE MIDWEST WE HAVE WILD TURKEYS-my sisterinlaw and her husband raised some one time by hatching the eggs in an incubator[life is slow in Mo].
    Anyway- they ran loose in their yard- and it wasnt long before they ruled that place...the would flog those dogs and claw the living shit out of anything in sight!

8. I know a guy here who has an oversexed small pony(no kiddin)
    gaurding his old cars and that little hairy rat will mow
    anyone down that comes inside the barnyard.

9. Laughing out loud so hard, I have tears... absolutely hilarious!

A friend & I were once in a yard with a big F'n steer as well as a cow... felt like a bullfighter trying to keep at least one car between me and him...

10. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Nads you were drunk again...I zoomed in by satelitte and got a picture of that killer beast...

:D

Attached Files:

11. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

I once got attacked by a pack of wild yorkies. My ankles hurt for weeks.

12. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

About two years ago,I was trapsing through my favorite junkyard in the early spring. along with me was the yards owner,Henry,who had just filled me in on how many"damn big" rattlesnakes he had seen that year and how one almost got him the day before. No sweat. not only am I looking where I am stepping, I have a pretty cool head when it comes to snakes.(you can see where this is going,right)
    about hip deep in weeds, I take a step,see quick movement, and something slaps the back of my knee.
    I yell "OH SHIT,ONE GOT ME" like I just got shot by a Nazi, and jump onto the roof of the nearest avalible car.
    Henry, smirking, says while bending down, "its a rare breed,the dreaded Gates Cobra"
    and holds up a crusty ass peice of heater hose.
    all I can say is it 6 months for that to be funny to me.
    for Henry,however it was immediately funny enough to tell to all of my "tuff guy"buddies.

13. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I went in a junkyard many years ago and a big ass junkyard dog bit me in the front of my left thigh, he startes backing up and I shuffle along with him doing this weird dance, until the owner comes out and yells at to stop playing with the dog, the dog then lets me go and walks away.

14. Who Said white men can't jump? We just need to find the right motivation! I was in junk yard here in Wis opened up a trunk and found a very pissed off badger I think I jumped 6' up and over to the car roof next to me..... right motivation

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Several yrs ago a couple of local guys went up north to like montana or something to get this super primo 34 ford coupe in the winter, it is snowing and they get it located and winched up on the trailer and bring it back to oklahoma. the day after they get back they decide to get it off of the trailer and look it over back here where it is sunny and warm. well seems they overlooked the fact that a wolverine had taken up residence in the trunk of it and was plenty pissed off by the time they got around to opening the trunk, it killed three of the neighbors dogs before it was caught by the animal people and given to the okc zoo........... said they neve loaded another car anywhere without opening all doors and looking it over.......... :cool:

16. Ramblur

Ramblur

SE Ohio somewhere around Lisbon maybe, but WAY out in the sticks
    about 30 yrs. ago I got a ride to this place called Lion Auto Wrecking.
    This guy drives me up to an old building and sends me inside to look for
    whoever,I came around the corner of the building and you guessed it
    there lays a full grown lion. I'm sure the guy that took me there must
    have always rounded up a FNG to ride along for the entertainment...
    I don't recall seeing any goats around though.

17. :D I'll drink to that! I hate those d--n rattlesnakes also! I have shot them and some I have chopped their heads off with a shovel Just depends, 1 foot and smaller get the shovel & 1 ft to 3 feet or more die of lead poisoning:eek: That is one drawback about the southwest. Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

18. Slate

Slate

Choprods,
    I bet that was an irish Wolfhound at the biker's place. My family used to raise them. Heck, as kids we could ride them (the rides were short :) ) until we were about 11.

Attached Files:

19. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I was on a service call out in the country , had gotten out of the truck loaded down with my A/C tools heading to the front door of the house. The house was on the side of a hill so the porch was about chest high , just about the time I get to the porch I heard something large galloping across the it , looked up too late as a very large rott leaps off the porch at me landing on my chest as I hit the ground , tools scattered, scared shitless , the dog starts licking me in the face as the owner says don't worry she won't bite she's just a pup. The main dogs I have been bit by is the little lap dogs, they have something to prove I guess, people get upset when you drop kick there dog across the den after he attacks your shins :D .

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

GAZ, I used to have two Bouviers des Flanders. Poppy, the female, lived to be 13 years old. She just died last month of cancer. She terrified everyone and would have made a fabulous junkyard dog. That second pic you posted looks just like her.

Our other Bouvie, Sunny, is still alive at 12 and I walk him every day. He's great, but he'd make a terrible JYD as he is only tough when he's on the other side of the fence.

21. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

These are good stories, and I won't try to top them. I was told this guy had some boss 302 parts, well he sent me to this shed,and I was looking around when this big white attack Turkey came at me. I'm talking about running. ,about that time the owner shows up and drop kicks the turkey,:eek: falls down and makes a end run around the owner. I left the other 3 rods, and paid for the 5 i had over the fence.

22. Barnyard Chevy---What the fuck is all this "amp" stuff?????

23. gasser

gasser

In 98 a few of us flew over to Phily and drove down to Kentucky for the Nats, on the way we saw a place by the side of the road some where in Ohio, the place was jam packed with old cars. We made a mental note and figured we would stop on the way back to check them out.

On the way back we stopped by and the guy who lived there was happy for us to look around. We could see in the distance by the house a 33 willys panel gasser and a yellow Anglia race car.
    Anyhow, we get up to the house and are looking around the cars when he opens the garage and there are two tiger cubs, caged. After a while he takes us around the back and shows us his lion and camel then we walk down to a barn to look at "some old chevy race cars".
    He swings the doors open and while we make a straight line for the dust covered cars over the back, he goes left to a door in the wall.
    He swings the door open and out comes a fully grown Lioness running straight towards us at full bore, you never saw 3 grown men shit themselves whilst standing so still!
    It stopped about two foot from us, the full extent of it's chain and the guy started wrestling it.
    Nutter.

24. Zumo

Zumo

Ha ha ha ha! That pic broke me down. I click on the link and was strching as i was reading his post and I got a visual of some dood and his "quiet shoes" running from a dog. Ha ha.

25. I worked one year up in Northern Ontario. The local bar was a pretty old run-down dump, and everybody brought their dog in with them, and generally the dogs slept under there owners table. It was for some reason, a great tradition to drink somebody elses beer---in fact drain their glass, if they happened to look the other way for a second or more. A friend of mine, named "Budsy" had a gigantic Bouvier des Flanders named Shithead. He had trained Shithead to set in the chair next to him, and bite anyone who tried to drink his beer!!! I seen that damn dog nearly tear the nose off a couple of fools that didn't believe a dog could be trained to bite "beersuckers".

26. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

extremely large shepherd/werewolf mix doggy

That is a quote for all time.

I will be chuckling all day.

27. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i was at a scrap yard in Bridgeport Ct.i ask the owner if could wander,of course he yes.so i am looking at all the kool 60-70 cars and there is a swing open fence so i open it there is the mother load of old junk so i am picking shit off.i get near the back and much to my amazement there is pit bull.looked friendly enough so i dimissed him as as an old junkyard dog.but little did i know around the bend was his newly born family!
    i hear a growl so i calmly start my way back towards the way i came in,i hear the pitter patter of dog paws getting closer and closer and faster and faster so i high tail it out i am running and running towards that damn fence he is really close so i jump up to "try" to jump the fence,but to my surprise the "fence" was the very same "swing" fence.on on the fucking thing swinging back and forth.the owner comes over and yells some shit in another language and the pit stopped dead in his tracks.of course i got the "what the fuck were you thinking speech"

28. Ahhh...Old Winter Garden Rd...brings back memories. I'm sure you have been to THE JUNKYARD, let me know when THAT estate auction is! Cause thats the only time anything good will see the light of day.
    Brett

29. plymouth_man

plymouth_man
    from WI.

at my bro's junk yard,we didn't have a dog,But we had a Hog,and that thing was quiet and would charge you if it seen you walking through the yard.and all of the snakes,after you saw one you would be looking all the time,and get freaked out stepping on sticks,I hate snakes.

30. plymouth_man

plymouth_man
    from WI.

A friend of mine and I,was looking at a car at the edge of the field,he opened up the hood and was looking,I went to the trunk and opened it up,and there was a porcupine just waking up laying on the spare tire,so I quick shut it. My buddy asked what was in there,I told him alot of neet shit,to take a look,He opened it and about had a heartattack,he tryed to run but fell down,his mind said run,but his leg didn't want to move,I laught my a** off,he said I'm going to knock the shit out of you. LOL