Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hooray for Chassis Engineering !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turbo26T, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Just wanted to give a shoutout for Chassis Engineering..Went online and ordered an A frt crossmember...paid the tab including freight online ...
    Crossmember arrived a few days later and is an excellent piece..well satisfied with the whole deal..

Lo and behold in todays mail came a check from CE...letter enclosed stating that they found a cheaper shipping rate and were issuing a refund...basically 10% of my total tab....with a statement "that every penny counts "
    What a pleasure to do business these days with a standup outfit !!!
    Just thought someone may be interested...
    Stan

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. Sporty45

Sporty45

That's a very cool thing for them to do. I've made purchases from them in the past and was always pleased with them. This just re-enforces my opinion of CE! :cool:

3. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

JOYFLEA likes this.
  4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Now that is CUSTOMER SERVICE! Joe

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Someone at CE is on the ball and doing the right thing and this is how word gets around for them.
    Really nice to hear stories like this!

6. I have done a lot of business with Chassis Engineering over the years and have NEVER been disappointed with their products or service. HR{

7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That's top shelf service, A+!
    KK

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great to read. Isn't that the way it should be? Sadly, some companies don't care, but they're slowly being outed.

9. RMONTY

RMONTY

Great info and solidifies my decision to order the stuff next week to do the rear end swap in my 1950 Sedan Delivery project. Thanks for the heads up!

10. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I met them at Back to the 50's in June, great people....told them about having a complete setup of theirs for frt IFS & rear springs & installing their sway bay on my 40 & the improved performance....they posted my story on their website, still on there...."Look at This 1940 Ford" in the "Latest News" link... I have since added a frt sway bar.

11. Very pleased with the CE components I've used on my truck. Great service, everything fits right, clear instructions, excellent welding on all welded components.

12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Really got to echo the praises for Chassis Engineering. Used them a lot and recommended them a lot over the years, never an issue with the company or product. I believe they are on their second (or third) family generation of running things. Good people. Bill

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'm NOT surprised, Stan! That sounds like them, true to form.
    Only folks that had a STEEL forged dropped axle when I had the shop...1980, thereabouts. Bought 3, one of them lives in son Rich's track T.

I called them in '96, asked if they made Chrysler hemi engine mounts...(could have made them myself, but a FLAKE had borrowed my press and didn't return it... I got it back, long story...
    Anyway, the kid on the phone said his boss made some (a few pair) to use a set on his car. (a '40? I think)
    The kid packaged a pair up, and sent them. $16.00!!! I was elated...
    I love Chassis Engineering, especially NOW that they've made boxing plates for the frame tails of Fords getting their semi-elliptic rear setups. Just the thing I would have done. (actually, just the thing I did, on a few...)

falcongeorge and oldsjoe like this.
  14. slimcat7m3

slimcat7m3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm lucky enough to be about 20 mins from them. Great people, always enjoy heading there over my lunch break.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Slicks

Slicks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from denison tx

Great folk's to do business with there part's fit have picture of my 41 chevy in one of there catalog's long time ago

16. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, never had anything shipped. Problem is getting off work to get there on time.

17. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice to read stories with happy endings!

18. I've got there axel and spring on my car and they are great.

19. wutnxt

wutnxt

Most of the bottom of my '40 is CE. Good stuff

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Never used them before but I know where to go.

21. Slow down

Slow down

Going to order CE Bolt on pinto IFS kit & bolt-on rear end mounting kit on Monday ,for my 50 Canadian Pontiac. They sound like good people to deal with. Have been waiting to order until my next US trip , so I can bring parts back in to Canada tax free, that saves me 13% . And that makes me a whole lot of happy!

22. Leakie

Leakie

Hip hip Hooray, hip hip......

117harv likes this.
  23. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

All of the products of theirs that I have used have been top notch. CE is definitely a company the hobby needs to support so they can stay in business a long, long time.

24. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

First class company....I placed a order online and shipping was figured in. I received parts really fast and a week later in received a refund for part of my shipping cost in the mail.

25. IMG_0918.JPG I too run CE components in my '47 coupe. Spindles, cross member, rear parellel leafs, and CE adjustable height front control arms. Got the whole package and love the quality.
    CE makes outstanding parts in my opinion.

117harv likes this.
  26. There tech help is outstanding. I ordered a 4 bar kit from E bay it was junk they answered my questions and gave me measurements of their set up. I'm ordering there 4 bar to replace the one I have.

27. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

have done 5 cars with there parts, front and rear, no problems. getting ready to do the third 40 ford, and order from them again. everything fits everytime!

28. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

While in Iraq, the wife of the owner sent me about 2 million hot rod t-shirts to hand out. Hand out I did, about everyone on Anaconda had one. Went over to the Air Force side of the base and offer to hand them out over there. Some Maintenance Chief, asked if I needed anything from the Air Force, I said yea, a ride in a fighter plane. Well they put me in one of those F-16s and fired up the HEP cart. They were ready to close the canopy, when I notice that I was the only person in the plane (single seat fighter), well they all had a good laugh over that. Had a big showing of AG, where I got rid of about a dozen boxes of shirts. So after everyone had a t-shirt, word come down, that we could not wear the shirts outside, due to the fact that we were in a combat zone---HA HA

29. Coco thanks for your service.

oldsjoe likes this.