Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods V-8 Flat Head work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike VV, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

All -

I'm asking this for one of the guys at work as I know little about Flathead shops.

He has a 50 Ford pickup with the original V-8 flathead still in it. Been in his family a while I guess. Anyway, he's thinking about having the engine (possibly the trans.) rebuilt and put the truck back on the road. He can do the brakes and some of the other work that will be required.

Who in the SoCal. area runs a reputable shop ? This is to be basically a somewhat stock rebuild, as he's not a hot rodder, but wants a strong, long living engine.

Mike

2. Bangkok Dean

Bangkok Dean

3. cretin

cretin

I get my machine work done at Burbank speed and machine.

4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just had an 8ba completely built for my '39 p/u by BMS machine services in San Bernardino. The owner knows flatheads. All work was top of the line and the cost was reasonable IMO. Bought the parts from Red's and BMS did all the machine work and assembled the short block.
    It took a bit longer than expected due to the guy having some medical issues but the wait was worth it. Engine runs great.
    1904 Riverview Dr # 101, San Bernardino, CA 92408
    (909) 799-7770