Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <>*<> Friday Art Show 21-10-2016 <>*<>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruisin', Oct 21, 2016.

1. Hey ya all!
    Seeing I missed posting for a couple of weeks (due to work commitments), here's an offering of 3 from me to make up for it...
    Have a fab weekend and I look forward to seeing more killer work as usual!

IMG_4572_A4hdroilfixorthdrtntcpcolourlogo70.jpg IMG_7455_A4polohdroilorthdrlogo_AC_50.jpg IMG_7469_A4_polohdroilorthdrtntlogo_AC_50.jpg

2. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

3. Rev it up folks!!!

Pierson Bros. Coupe and pull car
    [​IMG]
    Glorified ‘napkin’ doodle I sketched in my sketchbook the other night at Bowling Night.
    “T-Bucket and a Doll”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    mctim64, selectedgrub, JimC and 26 others like this.
  4. Here are a couple antiques from 1988-’89 when I was pulling ink onto t-shirts. My boss was a great guy. A car guy who had a modified ’65 Corvette convertible. It had radioed wheel openings and just looked mean.

Doodled on the back of a memo pad at lunch time

[​IMG]

The front side

[​IMG]

selectedgrub, Stogy, JimC and 22 others like this.

5. 150625Two-Wells-sepia-copy.jpg Saturday bar room bound

watercolour

mctim64, selectedgrub, Stogy and 29 others like this.
  6. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Great start as always! Keep 'em coming!

Awhile back I butchered the Starbuck's logo and it was recommended that I make it a F.E.D.
    Since the Bakersfield Hot Rod Reunion is coming up this would be a good time for a redo. NitroCoffee.jpg
    Also.. I threw this cartoon together the other day that has a theme, but nobody seems to get it? Win some- lose some I guess, lol.
    plug and piston.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

7. Frogz

Frogz

Great start.
    To keep Jigger's Piersons Bros Coupe company, an old scribble.

[​IMG]

Stogy, catdad49, JimC and 24 others like this.
  8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg Abstraction last sunday

9. Battersea I dig it

battersea boys likes this.
  10. I started this one last night. It got to late to finish it. That's what is cool with a pencil and eraser sketch. The more time you put in it, the better it can get. It is about the road trips, that my parents took me on as a kid. Dad traded his convertible about every five years. Thanks for all the great art work so far. It makes my HAMB and coffee so much better on Fridays , Ron... 027.jpg

11. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

12. OK....I admit it , I'm a Chevy fan and maybe it's because it's the end of summer in my neck of the woods but something put me in the blue mood.

Hamb0.jpg

13. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    While in college in 67, I needed a few filler classes. (everyone knows "those" classes) Since I was interested in photography and liked every aspect of it, I took this art class that allowed me to experiment with photography and art all at the same time. I had access to their darkrooms, silk screen frames and various colors. The old cars that I had as black and white/color photographs just did not come out as well as I liked. But, this chopper came out the best and I got an "A" for it and in the class. It was definitely a GPA grade booster.
    upload_2016-10-21_6-0-18.png This was taken at an old farm with a great bunch of ratty buildings in the middle of Fountain Valley near the big park. Obviously, the buildings are now a shopping center...but they made a wonderful place for photo backgrounds back in those days.
    Jnaki

14. Sinister, I think I get it. Maybe draw a valve instead of a plug?

15. I guess yard Art , is art too. I saw this at a nursery yesterday. 006.jpg 008.jpg

16. ...about 20 years ago, Lance Sorchik and I swap'd artwork;...he drew my 39 Chevy flatbed and I drew his Ford coupe and AD p.u.,...here's what I drew for him, have to get pics of the one he did for me..
    ...and some ol school buses...
    friday art 003.jpg fri art 058.jpg fas 078.jpg friday art 020.jpg

selectedgrub, slack, Stogy and 26 others like this.
  17. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Great start today. Here's some Aero Vans done awhile ago....... Aero2.jpg Aero2.jpg Airflow truck-a.jpg canvasft.jpg

mctim64, selectedgrub, Stogy and 23 others like this.
  18. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

That's a good idea. It would be a challenge to add "character " to a valve. I like a challenge! Thanks for the input!

Great work everyone! Man, I love this thread!

wraymen likes this.
  19. Rusty1 thanks, I really like your style of Art! I was at one of the NSRA Nats, and looked in my rear view mirror and saw Lance's 34, for the first time. I will never forget how Cool that Rod was, and is. Here is a model 40. Not Lance's, but I like to add a picture with my post, if I can. 002.jpg

20. Just some doodling from last night while watching TV.
    Doodling 001.jpg

selectedgrub, oldsjoe, Stogy and 17 others like this.
  21. Wow !! Love getting up on Fridays just because of you guys.
    Thanks.
    Later,
    Dick

Jigger, DougO68 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  22. Like Cruisin', I've missed the last couple of weeks. Went to San Jose, CA and emptied my storage unit and moved everything to Seattle. Guess I'm staying here for a while. Moved all my shop equipment, drafting table and archived artwork. In honor of the move and seeing how much stuff I had I'm offering up the attached piece to the FAS. This is a painted cardboard piece. You know the drill, all original artwork posts get their attached post number put into a hat. I'll draw a winner sometime Sunday and contact the winner via PM. I will require a shipping address. Keep posting!

Joe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Since I haven't had time to participate for a while, I guess it's time I did. Here are a few from various different events.
    Swindler2016 D750-0662-4.jpg
    KPCarmeg16 D750-0202-003.jpg
    KPCarmeg16 D750-0437_tonemapped-2.jpg
    CarLar09-370-Edit-Edit.jpg
    RJR14-2287_88_89_90_91-3.jpg

RelRiot16 D750-0817.jpg
    HRHC 2016 D750-1533-Edit-001.jpg

Frogz, selectedgrub, oldsjoe and 23 others like this.
  24. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Great start to a great show! DSC_9586.jpg DSC_9659.jpg

25. KOOL Doodles! How can you watch TV? Just Hilary and Trump, or the guy wanting me to buy gold, or my pillow! lol Here is one I just did. I love the old concept cars. So this is my concept of a futuristic Nomad, from ideas I've seen from other concepts. Ron... 030.jpg

selectedgrub, oldsjoe, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  26. TCM and Andy Griffin! I did like the add for "Kitchen Magician":rolleyes:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  27. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Cruisin', Jigger and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  28. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

29. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Now for a different subject
    Hesistation-a.jpg

30. WobbleShaft

WobbleShaft

Most of my art is metal creations made from scrap from my engine machine shop (like my avatar) but here is one from highschool, 21yrs ago. That makes me feel old :-( 20161021_110911.jpg

selectedgrub, oldsjoe, slack and 13 others like this.