Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Im getting Married! Project 46 ford begins!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Congrats you two!

Tim likes this.
  2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Tim congrats.Reminds me of when a friend and his wife found out she was prego.This was before Drs were able to tell the sex of the little one.She had quads.She said"Oh my God I wanted a family.NOT a litter".:eek:
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Tim likes this.
  3. redzula

redzula

Congrats you guys

Tim likes this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Haha red you asked me a few days before we were going to tell anyone. You would have laughed at me if you'd seen my face when I was replying

5. redzula

redzula

Lol sorry about that.

As for the whole boy or girl thing. It doesn't really matter as long as they like hot rods.

Tim likes this.
  6. n847

n847

Congrats dude...

Tim likes this.
  7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Way to go on the build and the new addition.

Tim likes this.
  8. Congratulations on your impending nuptials sir. Also,good luck with the build of your '46.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks guys :) I've more or less just been driving the 46 right now. Finishing the interior and some other little stuff is going to have to wait until this summer when Sarah can help me again. Been picking at the model A project in the mean time when I get a minute here and there.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Havnt posted for a while. Interior in the 46 is still about half done as the sewing room has been dedicated to baby projects.

The model A looks like a car now
    IMG_5705.JPG
    And the 46... IMG_5784.JPG less so....

I was thinking about how filthy the car was and that it needs a good couple hours of cleaning before the summer when I realized if we didn't jump in and put the new cam in before due date it was likely to never happen.

Well after the parts sat for a year and s half on the shelf we dug in! Got it all apart save for the small timing gear that I need to get a puller for.

@porknbeaner and I have been chasing weird things on this car for a couple years and I kept thinking we could adjust it out with timing. Finaly we couldn't and I decided I must have a lobe flat.

Well pulling the lifters we knew we were headed in the right direction with that idea, a lose timing chain led me to believe taking it all apart was a good idea. Got the cam out and it appears to be the stock one, and it looks to have flattened every single intake lobe to some degree!

Glad we took it apart now before it really got ugly. I think between the timing chain, cam and how the lifters looked it was creeping up on something unpleasant.

I'm headed to the store for some supplies and we go back at it this afternoon. I need this cam broke in by the time I go to bed.

Wish us luck!
    IMG_5782.JPG
    Oh and looks like a multiple v belt pulley like I'd like to use for a 471 will clear the radiator :) good to know ( think it should clear the hood as well but that's way way...way down the road)

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Alright motor is back together and tuned! Goes like stink and sounds great! I'm waiting to post a video, phones never seem to get the sound correct so I've gotta find time and get s video withs real camera.

Baby's due any day now so I made a list of all the small stuff I'd like to get done on it this summer, but outside of greasing everything up for the summer it's driveable enough for me to feel ok with it staying how it is for a while.

Might have to throw a sheet over the model A though. That cars distracting lol

hotrodyankee likes this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

April 5 6:55 am I got lucky again :) we have a brand new beautiful little girl :) Still in the hospital for a while but everyone is happy and healthy :)

I've never seen anything so perfect :)

13. Congrats, Tim, to your new backseat occupant :)

Tim likes this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Made sure I got seat belts back there and a hop up shirt for her ;)

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  15. :):):):) ( !!!!!! )

Amazing, isn't it ? My dad named my sister after his carburetor. Maybe this one could be Cam' ?? :D Congratulations Tim ! You're a great dad.

Tim likes this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks guys, and yes is absolutely amazing. It's better than the first time I saw "el matador" in person, and my wife can attest to how ridiculous I was about seeing that car haha

We named her Delaney :) and she's great :)

17. hotrodyankee

hotrodyankee

Congrats!!

Tim likes this.
  18. Alright Tim! Congrats on the new arrival. You should name her after Uncle Rocky...maybe Rockette for a little french twist, eh?

Tim and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

She's basically going to grow up thinking everyone has hot rods or knits compulsively haha :)

20. April is a nice name for a girl, congratulations. HRP

Tim likes this.
  21. Tim likes this.
  22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Pushing the model A back in the corner today so I can get the 46 ready for the hamb drags and check off some more of the endless list of little stuff that needs done. IMG_7786.JPG I host 8 car shows a year with some friends, mama and babe came out to hang out with dad :)

Rustedjunk77, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just thinkin' - sad fact, but a lot marriages today don't last as long as this threads been going.........:(

porknbeaner likes this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

She's stuck with me ;) haha

25. hotrodyankee

hotrodyankee

Lookin good!

Tim likes this.
  26. Wow I don't know how I missed this thread, very cool to follow along. Neat ol 46!

Tim likes this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks @Chris been enjoying yours as well :)

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well I finally made the trip to the Hamb drags in the 46!

I've been dreaming about making the trip in something old for 15 years now and finally it happend. I figure I'll tell the story in captions because everyone likes pictures.

IMG_8775.JPG
    Friday morning we all met up to drive down together. A few guys had stopped the day before to chat on their way down, and we had made plans to meet quite a few people at pete and jakes along the way.

IMG_8784.JPG

Racer x was running a little behind so we did what hot rodders do and bullshit in the driveway.
    IMG_8797.JPG

A quick torsion bar swap in the street on the fuel coupe we threw the deck lid in the trunk of the Lincoln and headed for fuel and the freeway!

IMG_8802.JPG

Now this is where the convoy fell apart. As they generally seem to do really.

The fuel coupe didn't really want to stay cool over 55 mph so we decided to try to run 60ish on the freeway until we got out of the metro and then slow down for the rest of the way to pete and jakes.

Those un familiar with the area the traffic is generally around 80 mph and dense. I tried keeping every one in the rear view but could really only see the Lincoln a ways back. Figured all but one car in the groups knew the way so if the group got split in the traffic it would be ok.

Well between trying to not get run over by driving so much slower than traffic, or stuck behind slow semis that were drafting the air around me I completely missed the exit that I've taken dozens of times.

And I mean really missed it. Like saw a sign and thought "isn't that town after peculiar not before it?" So I took the next exit and realized that I had driven 22 miles past.

Damnit.

Made some calls and texts and everyone had made it to pete and jakes, @flatout51 had some trouble and his shifter had busted leaving him with third gear only- I'll let him tell that story- thankfully he got it welded up and they were all back on the road.

We debated waiting for them on the overpass but they cars started to really overheat just sitting so we said we would go ahead and meet them down there.

29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

IMG_8809.JPG I turned around to get back on the road and didn't even see dads tail lights! That Lincoln was gone!

No cell phone or anything else I couldn't call him and just hoped he knew which way was south and that he remembered what exit we were getting gas at!

I finally caught up with him at the gas stop he thankfully recalled IMG_8803.JPG
    Dads been talking about an cool old car for years and years. Now that we got him one he was super ready for a road trip. After close to a year of tweaking it he made the nearly ten hour drive down to joplin for the drags with us. IMG_8806.JPG
    He's leaving the car with @ryno for the first dose of upgrades and was all smiles on the way. Car looks awesome going down the road! IMG_8811.JPG after my phone died, taking my directions with it, I was making guesses on what the route was. About that time @Rocky came up on us and we tagged behind him for a while until he had to pee and hit the warp drive lol.

Well I remembered enough and we made it to the host hotel!

Stogy and brEad like this.
  30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cars ran great on the way down with the only issue being a fan belt that squealed at anything over 70mph. IMG_8812.JPG One of the cool things about having brought the 46 is so many more hamb guys came and introduced themselves! I'm sure I was about half out of it from the heat and driving but hopefully I didn't act to much of a fool.

The first person to find me was @1stGrumpy who showed me his sedan in progress! It was on the top of my list of cars I wanted to see as it's soooo close to what we are building for Sarah. Awesome guy and it was great to put a face to the name!

IMG_8817.JPG

We got checked in and got some pizza and beers with some friends and new friends before hitting the parking lot party

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.