Register now to get rid of these ads!

Phoenix, Az Drag Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by applekrate, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Gonna be awesome.

applekrate likes this.
  2. You must be the same Hot Rod Ron that works at Scotts Coach works and gave me an estimate for my CTSV a couple weeks back. (I still haven't had it repaired yet btw, trying to avoid it and sell it as is)

3. Have been promoting the Phoenix Drag Reunion the last 4 days here in Bakersfield, Ca at the California Hot Rod Reunion. Have a 10 by 10 vending space with signs and fliers. Have seemed to get a fair amount of attention. Have been talking to guys with swap spaces, racers of all classes, cackle car group, A/FX group and lots of spectators. Today is the last day. if yo are here, stop by and say 'hello'. At times are walking out and about promoting so, not always at the space. thanks for the support everyone. Steve

4. Yes

5. The event webpage has been updated with more event info.
    in the coming weeks, look for us at the following events-
    This Sunday- GCC Swap and the Steinegger and Eshenbaugh Hot Rod Party in Scottsdale at Handlebar J
    Good Guys Scottsdale- we will have a booth inside November 18-20
    Todd Harding swap, state Fair Grounds- November 26
    and on face book

6. Have heard the sad news that Mel Larson has died. We will remember him and others at the Phoenix Drag Reunio Saturday, December 17 at Wild Horse pass. more info on site

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Great talking with you tonight Steve. We're excited for the event and I've managed to wrangle a few guys so far for the flag drop class we talked about. Hopefully we can find a few more guys to commit to make it happen.

applekrate likes this.
  8. els

els

We cant wait for this year reunion. I have restored the BEELINE DRAGWAY sign. I added back lighting and framed sign. It will be there with my restored 1962 C M/P CORVETTE. This year will be a blast from the past for sure. "BRING YOUR CAMERA" or cell phone now.

applekrate likes this.
  9. cac646

cac646

Don't want to hijack the thread too much but is there anything planned leading up to the event? I'll be in Phoenix with my car Monday thru Friday morning. Unfortunately not around for the show on Saturday. Rarely have the car in the big city so would be good to do some cruising? Maybe a HAMB dive bar dinner? I think Chip has done one before, maybe it's time for another?

10. els

els

Hey cac646, sorry you won't be here for the show and races. I did NOT see any kind of show or dinner the time you are looking for. If you can wait to get out of town Friday night, you can see some of the cars at WILD HORSE PASS for set up for Saturdays show. I hate to see gearheads like us miss the great times of our passion. good luck to you. hope you can make it Friday or some time here again soon.

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Give Chip a call at 6028810175 or myself at 6026206013 and we can make a night out.

I'm also still trying to find a few more cars to participate in some 1/8 mile flag drops. If anyone wants to get in on it please let me know.

12. els

els

Nick Flores, that would be great, I also think that would turn heads. I know we I can get few guys up for that. I will put the 6:50 gears in corvette for that. thank you Nick. good idea.

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm pestering everybody I know. I've got at least five, if not six guys commited at this point. There's probably at least as many on the hook that will likely be game. Let's try to get as many as possible and go some rounds!

14. 55Belairman

55Belairman

At 5:15 of this video, a car is labeled as a Ford 7 window coupe. I have Google searched this model and have come up with nothing. Is this a typo or did such a model exist?
    By the way, this looks like an awesome event. I would like to attend this some time. My sister moved to Phoenix this year. Maybe I will disguise a visit to her and sneak over to the event.

15. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Right about the six minute mark you can see The Scrambler making a pass in that video. We'll be there with the car behind the tower.

Attached Files:

16. Preregistration is now closed. Everyone who signed up ahead will get an email confirm. Getting lots of calls about the drags, the show and the swap meet. Already have a dozen spaces prepaid for the swap, not bad. Swap spaces are free with general admission, $15 per person each day. You can vend either 1, 2 or 3 days.
    more event info on site www.phoenixdragreuion.com
    The Reunion will conclude at dusk when we will have the nitro push starts and cackle. With it getting dark, we will see the header flames better. After the last cackler shuts off, we Will have blown nitro fuel altered or 2 make a pass into the night. One week from today.

17. It looks like we are going to be Blessed with nice weather! Getting lots of calls and emails from all over! Everything looks good for a successful Phoenix Drag Reunion! www.phoenixdragreunion.com

18. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I know you've been super busy Steve, but we should have more than enough guys to do the flag drops.

19. Thanks for attending and displaying the Beeline sign. Overall, the event did well and grew froom last year. Looking forward to an even larger and better Reunion later this year.

20. els

els

Thank you for having us at the reunion. had great time and everybody loved the BEELINE DRASG SIGN, and my 1962 c modified production corvette. See you next year,