Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 Ford Three Window Dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VCS, Oct 18, 2016.

1. VCS

VCS

Hello,
    Don't have direct access ( and don't want to try to take a tape measure at a car show!) to stock 1936 Ford three window coupe to take some dimensions.

To illustrate included some pictures I found on Google.

First looking for the distance from the front of the trunk lid opening to the body line bead. Looking over the Ford books and doing a lil math I estimate it's about 5 5/8"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second looking for the dimension for from the B pillar (door) to the wheel well opening. The length along the bead:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. VCS

VCS

Also a request if anybody has any door well pictures showing the inside of the curved B pillar would be great. Thanks in advance to everybody for your help

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. VCS

VCS

Does anybody in the Los Angeles, CA area have a 3 window I can measure myself?

Thanks,
    David
    [email protected]

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

David,
    My '36 3W is siting on its side on a rotisserie at present. The first picture with the scale is just to show you how I measured between the trunk lid & reveal and because of the angle, does not depict the exact measurements. From the bottom of the reveal to the inside edge of the rain gutter, is 10¼". From the bottom of the reveal to the edge of the trunk opening, is 9½".

The other pics are from various angles around the car to show the angled portion of the inside of the "B" pillar.

I can't turn the car up-right now, but will later this week and get you a measurement for the body molding.
    -Bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just went back and reread your request and it looks like I misinterpreted it. Here's a couple of pics of the BOTTOM of the "B" pillar, where it mounts to the floor. Sorry about that.......
    -Bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. VCS

VCS

Thank you so much! I have been searching all over and you are the first to respond to my request.

The dimensions you provided help me confirm that the ford books are off. I tried to measure per the Ford Diagrams but came away close to what you stated by guessing and adding a Lil here and there. I am doing a five window to three window conversion so want to

7. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Late to the post. VCS looks like he answered your q's. Let me know if I can help - Dennis

8. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington