Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest take a good at yourself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BURN OUT BOB, Oct 17, 2016.

1. [​IMG] Life is shorter than we realize I had an extreme wakeup call on Oct 4th. I came in from working on the car trailer repeated getting, it ready to head south, when I told Peggy that I wasn't feeling up to par. Within minutes I went into a severe pain in my stomach area & went into shock. Peggy dialed 911 & the ambulance crew took me to the hospital. They took a CS & determined that I had a dead bowel, read dying here, So they loaded me in the ambulance again & transported me to Boise. The Dr. spent about an hour on me & had all my bowels out but could find nothing wrong. He stitched me up with 30 staples & I spent the week in the hospital. Never did find out what caused the severe pain.While their I had a lot of time to reflect on my life & determined that the things I thought were so important to me were not all that important at all. My wife ,family & friends come first & of course my health. The rest is just icing on the cake.
    Peggy & I have traveled on 85,000 miles across this country & border to border & Canada in the 32 roadster. we have had a wonderful life hunting, fishing & touring in our classic cars. In Dec we will celebrate being married 45 years.
    My advice to all here is get your ducks in a row as is always said, You never know what tomorrow will bring". Get your bucket list in order & work on checking the things off that are near & dear to you.
    I'm 83 & the Doc said I'm in really good health & can expect at least another 3 years barring an accident. Maybe being that old & stupid crawling around & under the trailer did it ,I don't know. latest roadster.jpg
    SO boys & girls step back take a good look in the mirror get your priority's in order & "GIT er DUN".
    Burn Out Bob

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, I hope I am still driving hot rods at 83. Hell, I hope I am still on the right side of the grass at 83! Looks like you are doing fine Bob!

hipster and hendelec like this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Glad to hear your doing well Bob. I wish you the best. Every year we are challenged with the inevitable. Thanks for the wake up call.
    Take care.

hendelec likes this.
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thank you for that. I'm going through a rough family thing and I've been using my project as an escape. But..... time is running out and there's no stopping it. Right now, I'm just taking it day by day and bracing for the shock. Keeping myself occupied works......sometimes. When it doesn't work, I'm a walking, living wreck. There will be no tears for this clown.

So, thanks.

C. John Stutzer likes this.

5. williebill

williebill

Thanks for posting this. I know this, but never seem to get the important stuff taken care of. Good luck to you, and I wish you many more years to live your life on your terms.

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wishing a speedy recovery to you Bob and a timely return to to the business of life. Thanks for the reflections.
    Regards,
    Stogy

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. I feel for you Bob. In December of 14 I had a seizure or SOMETHING and fell out of my work truck on my head and got a severe traumitic brain injury, and was laid up for over a year. I am still recovering day by day. Feel privileged that your feet hit the floor EVERY MORNING and that life is great. Live life every day !!! Mitch.

8. Good advice, and at 74, I will listen to you, as the 83 year old elder !
    Best of luck for the next 15 years.

9. I'm happy your feeling better since we talked last Monday,and as I said then

"What don't kill us makes us stronger"HRP

10. Bob, remember to give your wife a giant hug for helping you though this ordeal. I know that if it wasn't for my wife Jen ,I would probably be a complete vegetable right now. We owe alot to them even though we dont want to admit it. Mitch.

CowboyTed likes this.
  11. jeta12

jeta12

Glad your ok!!

12. good to hear your better.....I'm just the same go and go and go.....when I stop that's when the hurts come.....

congrats on the years of marriage also...she sounds like a keeper !

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have a car buddy who razzes me a bit about my dedication to my wife and daughter, but I would be lost without them. I really don't know how I would move forward without them, my family is everything to me, cars are just toys.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - what an experience - on one hand it is good that they did not find anything - on the other you must really frustrated that they did not find the cause of your ordeal - yep, Family & your good health is number one - cars, trailers, etc come in as a very close #1 1/2 - as they say, one day at a time - OK to slow down a bit - you do not get points for getting to the end before the next guy - take care

15. Hombre

Hombre

Bob, Glad to hear that you are still kicking, hang tough!

Now I do believe I have an answer for you on what went wrong and caused the problem you had. There is a little known problem that has gone pretty much unreported by the medical world for quite a while now. It causes the exact same symptoms you experienced. It is caused by holding a stuffed squirrel under your right arm while drinking a beverage from a while colored can. This action causes a reaction where the third mytaljustin nerve is pinced forcing the second mytaljustin nerve to spasm. These spasms inter into the byle duck system of the 5th and 8th hyper conductive action of the small intestine and cause a condition known as " Internal Parasytical Spasmosis" All of this is caused from a special compound dust used on the squirrel carcass when they are mounted. Normally this dust is completely harmless unless it comes into contact with the "White Can" little is known about this action or reaction but has something to do with the reflective quality of the white can and the dust, when taken into direct close proximity to each other. Some Dr.'s feel the moon faze might come into play here as well.

16. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Glad to hear alls well. Good advice just do it. I think your Dr. is wrong. You'll make 100. That's Dr .Gary talking. See you at LARS again soon.

17. Glad you're back Bob, family is everything!!

18. k9racer

k9racer

Bob so glad to hear you are doing well. you could have heard the words " This is the organ donor " I have a former co worker that did. But then too he was only 28 years old at the time. Bobby..

19. Good to hear your ok.
    Life is short, and how often do we stop to look around, and be thankful, just to be alive.
    After turning 50 in July, I've been looking at things differently. A Lot of folks I knew are gone already.
    I'm lucky I've never spent a night in hospital, but my body ain't doing the things it used to the same, and it's hard to get my head around, as I've always been very physically active.

20. Every day is a gift.

21. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Glad your ok , we never know when do we. You and I still haven't got together for coffee.

22. Bob, GLAD to hear you are O.K. I am 63 and I am finding out we don't all bounce as good as we used to good luck to you.Bruce.

23. From one 83 yr old to another...I'm happy to report that nothing like this has happened to me yet,BUT I SURE DO THINK ABOUT IT EVERY NIGHT AT BED TIME. Glad your doing better.
    Cheers from another Bob

oldsjoe likes this.
  24. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Bob

Thank you for sharing your story. Best wishes for many more miles ahead!

25. wicarnut

wicarnut

Glad to read you're "repaired" and ready to get back at it. Agree with your thoughts, Every Day Is A Gift, something not thought about much in my youth, My signature says it all for me. LOL Good Luck ! Happy Trails !

26. phat rat

phat rat

Glad to hear you are still with us. Sorry to hear about the problem. Take care and keep driving

27. I thank God on a regular basis for my good health and the resources to enjoy life the way my wife and I do. It's all because of Him.

28. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Be well, Bob. Despite all those burnouts, sounds like you've still got some tread left on the tires.

29. belair

belair

30 staples, huh? Since the doctor found nothing, you can make up a really cool story about a knife fight, drug-crazed pit-bulls, illegal immigrants, some guy bragging about how great Y-blocks are, radical tree-huggers looking for a safe place, and you saving a pristine 32 Ford roadster from a band of roving scrappers. Of course, you end the story with "and that's how I got this scar." Get well soon. We all get a 6x6x3 hole at the end of life. It won't be able to hold that which matters most.;)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  30. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great reminder not to "lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal". Seems we have a lot of threads on those exact issues. Keep the pedal to the metal Bob and treasure everyday you are given with your family.