Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 32 roadster project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hutch built, May 15, 2016.

1. Hutch built

Hutch built

I was planning on using some thru frame brake fittings but really didn't have enough room on the inside rail for the nut due to the motor mount and cross member. I figured I would use a tab type fitting but wanted to give the tab a little style so I made some dies on the mill to put a tight kink in the roll bar type bracket that happened to be a good starting point. After that I cleaned it up and shaped it a little and did the rivet look to it.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I've replied before, but I must reply again. Very tidy craftsmanship. Some guys don't know when to say when, but you have just the right amount of details and have kept it all uncluttered. Now carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

By far the best project on the H.A.M.B. so far. Very informative, lots of very good ideas!!!!!!! THANKS FOR POSTING

4. That is bad ass..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Clean and tidy, like all the things you've built. Anything else would have been a big surprise ;)

6. Details like that are pure art.

falcongeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

8. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

....As I'm scrolling down through your last post.... "Hey I've repurposed a couple of those roll bar tabs before, I should post some pictures!".....continue scrolling.... "Oh.... Hmm.... Never mind...." .....head out into garage and smash my repurposed brackets to pieces. Lol. Nice work. Looks top notch and like they belong there.

loudbang likes this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just noticed all the wires coming out of the headlight bucket, and scrolled back to see the signal lights in the original buckets, is that something you made? Details please. Bob

10. Hutch built

Hutch built

I believe I bought them out of the Speedway catalog as is.

11. Hutch built

Hutch built

Had an awesome time this weekend at the Jalopyrama show! Definitely one of the best gatherings for hotrods and hotrod people to go to every year.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Hutch, Marveled over the car yesterday. It's as spectacular in person as in the build thread pictures.......Don.

Dino64, Just Gary and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. Hutch built

Hutch built

Thanks Don !

Dino64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. X2

Dino64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

Hey just saw the rear hood latch holders. Do you make those for sale?

16. Hutch built

Hutch built

Sorry not at this time. I hope to in the future to be able to do small jobs as such but to many irons in the fire at the moment.

17. Those brake line "tabs" obviously were a lot of trouble to make, but I gotta' say they look "just right." Little details like that give a lot of satisfaction to the guy who pulls them off.

18. deucemac

deucemac

I finally decided to look at this thread and am very glad that I did. I have seen many builds in the 69 years I've been suckling air yours is only the second car I've seen that has left me speechless. The details and craftsmanship are on the level I thought I would never see again after Jackie Howerton built his car that won the AMBR a few years ago! The fit ,finish, simple uncluttered beauty, and practicality are spectacular. You sir are a genuine MASTER craftsman. And just like the chassis detail on Jackie ' s car almost criminal to cover up. I am both in awe and congratulate you.

19. Hutch built

Hutch built

Thank you for the awesome complement!

20. Hutch built

Hutch built

Not much progress the last two weeks. Started taking her apart, bagging and tagging, for the paint process. Still need to final weld the firewall in place and then make up some temporary bracing before removing the body. I'll post some picks of that as I move along.[​IMG]

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I thought I had commented on this thread before, but I just noticed I never have. Not much to add to what everyone else has said, man, BEAUTIFUL work! Like Hemideuce said, art.
    Love all the plug welded and riveted mounts and brackets.

22. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Just found this thread, amazing work. I was blown away when I saw it at Jalporama

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hutch--do you still have your Coupe? Seems to me I saw it on the `Glass 33-4 thread with a Maryland license plate. Yes? Now....What colour?...

24. Hutch built

Hutch built

I had to sell my coupes to finance the roadster. I do miss it though, it was a great driving, fast, fun car. The roadster is going to be 48 Ford Barcelona blue in satin. My painter did some spray outs for me and I really like how it looked almost black in the shade yet definitely blue in the sunlight.

25. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

May I ask what heater box this is, please? Beautiful Craftsmanship, keep up the good work.

Attached Files:

26. Hutch built

Hutch built

The heater is a Vintage Air product. A couple of guys I know are using it and say they really work great.

loudbang likes this.
  27. As rewarding as it is to help put on the 'Rama, the drawback is you don't get a chance to ogle and drool over art like this. You skim over all the great work that folks put into their rods on your way to what you gotta do. Besides the amazing fabrication, thought & skill that is documented here, I didn't see any dirt, dust, or mess in any of the pics. I was thinking I could apprentice as a floor sweeper for Hutch but he doesn't even need that. Thanks for a great story, well told. Another rod that could be left in bare metal.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    bengeltiger and loudbang like this.
  28. Hutch built

Hutch built

Update : After stripping the body down and making some temporary bolt in bracing I separated the body from the frame. This was a one man job thanks to having an electric hoist on a beam. Now I have a few hours of work on the under side and firewall and it will [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]be ready to send off to the painters

1lucky1, bengeltiger, waxhead and 8 others like this.