Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 Chevy on ASC rails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigheadbaxter, Sep 8, 2014.

1. something wrong with my camera but i will post them any way. DSCF5690.JPG DSCF5691.JPG

TFoch likes this.
  2. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

Thanks for the help guys. This really helps. This little tab is missing from the spacer piece. I would think it helps hold the hinge up and tighter in the retainer?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Yes mounts under the grille shell pivot piece and hold the hood front sliding forward.

BradinNC and bigheadbaxter like this.
  4. 117harv

117harv

Wow, how did I miss this thread? VERY nice work, the shots of the body on the chassis look spot on, thanks for sharing.

bigheadbaxter likes this.
  5. 117harv

117harv

6. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

koolkemp, TFoch, tb33anda3rd and 2 others like this.
  7. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

8. nice color. i am sorry if it was mentioned but is that the new jeep color?

9. I like the color

10. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

It is. Anvil is the name of the color. I've never been one to name a vehicle, but this one will appropriately be called
    'Anvil'

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. Very nice! Glad to see it coming together.

12. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

The Fisher tag was one of very few items that remained on the first body.
    It's a small move but a cool little detail. [​IMG]
    On the topic of things that were missing, would this style Chevy window rubber come with or without a lip on the outside? I'm getting ready to buy the rubber needed from I&I

koolkemp, TFoch and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. i just took mine out and resealed it. it has a small lip on the out side. what are your choices? DSCF5836.JPG

14. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

The description for I&I has a choice with or without the lip according to what style Chevy you have. This ad is from Steele rubber. I would think the lip would obviously help seal better? Just want to make sure. [​IMG]

15. the 70-1195-52 looks like mine.

16. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

And it gets tricky with the the front windshield area. The dash panel, windshield/rubber, wind lace/material and headliner all need to go in at the same time.
    Which makes it difficult to put in steering, wiring and gauges ect? I'm thinking about making disconnect terminals for gauges and electrical and move dash back as needed for interior and glass install? Boohoo, huh?

17. i was able to pull the windshield without removing the dash, as a matter of fact the windshield hides the screw to remove the dash. the windlace gets held by the garnish molding and the head liner on my car sits well above the garnish moulding. there is a filler/header panel that was attached with velcro so access to the wiper motor can be easy.

18. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

Thank you sir you are correct. That definitely helps. Mocked it up and Feeling better about it IMG_1476138664.130880.jpg

kidcampbell71 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

Hey guys I was looking back in some previous pictures trying to see how your cowl lacing attached? Looks like rivets in this pic.
    I have these but can't quite remember if it originally held the lacing? Do they look familiar to anyone?[​IMG]
    I have the j-hooks also. I did a search and found where 33anda3rd posted about it also being retained with wire? Any pics are welcome. Thanks guys

20. Those parts don't look familiar to me. My lacing was originally held in with wire. I'm not sure if I have any pics but I'll try to look tomorrow.
    Tom

21. I'm the worst for not documenting with pics as I disassemble stuff - plus my memory is not so good anymore...:D

Steve

22. MalloMike

MalloMike

Not sure about the upper pieces but the bottom piece looks to be the piece that goes over the split on the inside window garnish moldings. (see attached pic) As far as the wire, I used small rivets to secure mine.
    IMG_3765.JPG IMG_3760.JPG

23. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

These pics really help, I also see on the radiator support rods that bolt in the cowl there's a gasket or grommet. This is something I didn't know I needed.
    But makes sense

24. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

25. Nice work and very cool that it is a Chevy.

26. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

Thanks for the help and comments guys. (Especially the Chevrolet support)

Getting ready to stack out the doors. I felt like the doors need a little more sound deadening . I've used this material on other projects with no issues. And I've never smelled it once glued in place

Its roofing material, it goes in the valleys of a roof. Very sticky. It's .050 thick. I use 3 pieces making it .150 when it's all applied. And my buddy gives it to me. I think it's about a $100 a roll. I also use spray adhesive on both sides to the door. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I try to save $ where I can. It all adds up in the end

koolkemp likes this.
  27. sololobo

sololobo

awesome build, my ol 33 in my avatar when I was 13, my Dad and I did it.

bigheadbaxter and tb33anda3rd like this.
  28. Like how understated the color and car is. Sometimes less is more and this has it in spades.

29. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

I'm not sure why it's taken so long to join the Alliance? With all the help and knowledge I've gained here [​IMG]I'll proudly mount this tag over fresh paint

30. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

I've been working with the rear of the car, mocking up the rear bumper. And comparing it to the original look of the car with a spare tire covering the rear panel. Thinking there was a lot of space I started to think what I could do to kinda fill it up?
    [​IMG]
    And found pictures of some rear bumper mount racks
    [​IMG]
    I found a section of a rack from something, and played around with it then added some stainless stock that I polished out. Ornamental but functional [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

TFoch, Tman, tb33anda3rd and 2 others like this.