Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Plymouth needs a shave

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yankeyspeed, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

Ok, I have an issue. My 40 plymouth has big ugly handles that open the hood on the outside of the car. I want to shave them off. Any ideas on make the hood latch still work?

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

got pics ?

3. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Bring it to me in southwest michigan and I can do it for you :D

4. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

Vendetta, Where are you located at. Yup I can post pics in the next day or so.

5. ...I've seen guys cut the handles off, weld an allen bolt onto the latch mechanism, then you open the hood w/ the correct allen wrench.

6. disturber

disturber

I'd love to see pics, I also have a 40 Ply.
    rusty1-that reminds my of Von Dutch's Kenford. He had an airplane door latch with a detachable handle. A bolt head on the door, handle in your pocket. I don't know how feasible, but a good idea.

7. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

I kinda thought about the allen head idea. I am concerned though that if you make one mistake I scratch the paint. I will post some pics tomorrow.

8. Gumpa

Gumpa

The wife and I saw a 46 Dodge with batwings made electric so we got two back door window motors and are going to be using thoses to raise and lower the batwings and keep them closed when not needed to be open. Gumpa

9. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

Ok, here is a pic of the works inside the hood. I could go electric without to much issue. HMMMM,

I dont suppose, Gumpa you have a pic of the inside of that car?

Attached Files: