Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical SBC oil spray

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shamedevil, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Shamedevil

Shamedevil

I want to thank all the HAMB members who helped me with their opinions on how to deal with my oil leak problem in my Corvette...........oil was spraying from the fan but leaking from the corner of the pan near the fuel pump,then spraying all over the motor mount,starter and baking on the header..........I was at Carlisle on the shittiest day ever...raining like krazy buy found all the parts I needed......bought a new oil pan,Fel-pro 1 piece o/p gasket,new fuel pump & gasket and block plate/gasket..........all at great prices. cleaned up my mess under the car and was back for the attack! Put on all the new parts underneath and said to myself.............gonna buy stock valve covers and return it back to stock again.......I have been driving it oil & trouble free for a few days now and feels great to stop at a light and not see that stinky oil burning off my headers.........you guys gave me a lot to think about so hats off to ya! I am one happy dude now!

wedjim, pat59 and Johnny Gee like this.
  2. Shamedevil

Shamedevil

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for following up with an update. Glad things worked out for you.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

"All show and no go" doesn't just pertain to speed.

5. Cool. Chrome don't get ya home! There are GM manufactured chrome valve covers for SBCs. Check n the Summit or Jegs catalogs. Proper breathers and heavy gauge steel.