Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Going to talk to a guy about the shirts. My question is what color shirt and ink do most of us want to go with? I'm only going to do one color shirt so most requested will be it. I'm looking at just placing a specific number of shirts to be ordered to get a decent price so sizes are not an issue other then not having enough of a certain size. This is contingent on him being able to get it done before the 29th as well. Will post when I know for sure. Also, keep in mind that I'm not doing a per person order, there will be extras, so you can get some for friends, etc... Back soon

GAOldsman likes this.
  2. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

I guess no one is interested in the shirts?

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Certainly, I'm interested. Will take Iea. XXL in whatever color scheme you work out and I will send you a pay pal or USPS M.O. when you post a price and either a USPS address or PAY PAL info.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  4. Sign me up for at least 1, and likely another for the wife. Just now checking in from the weekend. Thanks for spearheading this as I know DOM has mentioned the stresses of it at least a few times as of late. ;) Looking forward to it!

5. I need at least 2 in XL

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, I'm still pissed at that guy! First time I talked to him he indicated interest and had to check schedule with his wife, and I never heard back, finally text him asking him to call me. He replies he just had foot surgery and ain't doing too well. will have wife call me, wait another week with no callback and I call again, they are planning a trip top FLa. FUCKEM!!!!!!!!

7. BAD A

BAD A

What kind of races, are the other two, they are having the same day?

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I can't tell you much more than that they are, lke us, groups that are too small to support an entire event day without costing the track money because of limited participants and limited spectator draw.
    Such small groups have to be "lumped together" to even have an event, as neither the other groups or ours can gather a gate big enough to open the gates, pay the stall, the insurance, and etc.
    But at least it isn't the "Junior Dragsters", which take an inordinate amount of time to run their qualifying and eliminations for an event that few outside of the kids parents, siblings, and other participants are interested in. We've had that in the past.
    Should be more than enough time for us to run all we want.

klleetrucking likes this.
  9. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Still haven't heard from the shirt guy, but, I've been told he is good and should get this done in time. :-?
    I'm going to order a bulk quantity of shirts so as to get a good price and have extras so bring cash! Not trying to make money, so shirts will be priced to get my money back. Any left overs will go to swap meets,etc. Hope to find out soon

GAOldsman likes this.
  10. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

All right guys and gals, the t-shirts are a go! Gonna be the navy blue with white ink. This years flyer on the back,(down to: silver dollar*reynolds ga) our normal "logo" on the front. Looking at $15 a shirt. I will trade 2 RWYB's, any size, for 2 medium SEG's if any one is going to Myrtle Bch. this week end. Will post a picture of the proof when I get it. More to come.
    Edit: Just wanted to say thanks Andrew for the flyer/t-shirt art, can't wait to see it on the shirts!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  11. Good deal brother. Do you need the dough now or the 29th?

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

X2

13. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

The 29th is good for me, I'm ordering 50 shirts, hoping between us and the other groups that are running, I can sell enough to at least get my investment back. Any that are left will be this years Christmas gifts I guess. :-D

GAOldsman likes this.
  14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Suits me fine, Thx for jumping in after my deal fell apart. Just to remind folks we need somebody who's staying for the campfire BS session Sat. night to bring a chain saw.Mine's like me old and worn out,post here if you can and will bring one.

15. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Glad I can do it Dave, just so happened I was talking to a friend that organizes the Hogs for HOPE ride and she was doing their shirts. Hooked me up with her guy and here we are! btw, anyone know if Jimmy's gonna make it and if he can wear a 2X or do I need to go with at least 1 3X? Trying to figure out how many of each size to order. Don't want one of us to not get a shirt.

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't like to text, but since Jimmy is at work, I don't like to call either, so I'll send him a text. Already need to ask him whether this year's grill will be charcoal or propane so we know which to bring. When he answers, I'll post here, unless you want to pm me with your phone nunber to speed things up.

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy replied that a 3X T shirt is OK and that the grill is charcoal, SO BRING CHARCOAL, everyone who is gonna use the grill, that is, as that big SOB eats charcoal!

Floater03 likes this.
  18. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

bumping it to the top

19. BAD A

BAD A

I think my buddy might be coming, with his turbo traditional truck.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

We're pretty broad minded down @ RWYB, just like to increase participation, but I wouldn't use that word on HAMB too much or it'll get you chastised or our thread deleted, and we don't want that:)

21. Yup X2 what he said ^^^ Mark, they don't like the term "r@+ rod" on this forum. I personally don't care for the term because of the cobbled together, rust bucket, death traps that have ruined the name and an otherwise bitchin ride.

The Hoodlum won't be there this year. Guess I better get a camera ready... :( I sure do appreciate what you've done for the shirts Mark and DOM & crew for all they've done with the awards and all.

Floater03 likes this.
  22. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

^^^It's now a turbo traditional truck(we're safe) o_O:D
    DSCN0001.jpg DSCN0001.jpg DSCN0008.jpg DSCN0022.jpg DSCN0020.jpg

Attached Files:

loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  23. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Bump, Hey Dave, can you update the thread so the flyer is on the first page? Might peak some interest if that's the first thing people see when they open the thread. just a thought

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I would if I knew how!:(

25. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Same here Dave! Maybe some of the IT minded guys could help. I'm guessing that you are the only one that can edit since you are the OP.o_O

26. what hey woo hello? 1 XL for me. I like black or red shirts or whatever whoever is in charge decides on.

Floater03 likes this.
  27. DOM,
    Right click on the image, click "copy image" on the drop-down, go to the first post, click "EDIT" in the bottom right of the post (only you can do this as it's your post), right click and paste the copied image in the field where you type your message. That should put it on there.

Floater03,
    Put me down for 1 XL and 1 Medium. Thanks again for heading the shirts up!

Floater03 likes this.
  28. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

How about some Gasser grudge/TNT? Some of you might need it for the following week end!o_O:mad:
    Just poking the bear:rolleyes: (not the circus one!):cool:

29. I edited my my post on pg 1 so now there is at least a flyer on the 1st page

Floater03 likes this.