Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Originali-T

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Oct 14, 2016.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Originali-T

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. town sedan

town sedan

Very nice T. The only thing I'd change are the front brakes, but then I'm a nervous nelly type.
    -Dave

3. flamingokid

flamingokid

Me,too.I like everything about it otherwise.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Like the Packard Naples Orange, that's the colour I plan to paint my "someday" t bucket project. Man that colour was everywhere in the sixties.

5. chriseakin

chriseakin

I like it but I think I'd like it better with the rear wheels a bit further back, behind the bucket instead of partly beside it.

6. von Dyck

von Dyck

" Do you like 'em all?" This is one that looks right. The short wheelbase is cool. Howbeit, T-buckets do have a harsh ride. The "W" looks like it belongs. I've always maintained that these cars need to have dimensionally large engines with more than a single carburetor.
    Just completed 12 summers of enjoyment with mine. This is a very personal car - the next owner (whenever that will be) will have his hands full sorting out the numerous contrivances that makes up my version of the "Kookie Kar".
    If there is one thing I would change on the Dotson "T", it would be to install Wilwood discs on the front. Also, re-taper the steering arm holes and use a straight tie-rod.

7. hansboomer

hansboomer
    from new york

I'm not much interested in cars that can't really be raced or even driven aggressively, which includes almost every T-bucket I've ever seen. At least it doesn't have an SBC with a giant blower on it.
    Somewhere there's a 6 cylinder bubbletop that needs that 409.

AmishMike likes this.
  8. AHotRod

AHotRod

That T ROCKS Joey !

9. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

This one has "the" look for a T-bucket, (imho). Made me sit up a bit when I saw the pic. Thanks for posting Joey.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Uhhhhh........yea.
    301.jpg

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

LMFAO.......so typical.:rolleyes:

noclubjoe likes this.
  12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

He probably read it in "Ol' Skool Rods":rolleyes:

One of the items in my T bucket parts pile is a set of 4.89s......"Aggressive" enough for ya??:rolleyes:

Tn. Trash and tfeverfred like this.
  13. I agree. The turtle looks like it sticks too far out the back. The rear wheels/tires should be back at the turtle, not beside the bucket. And the longer wheelbase would give the car a better ride. I'll agree the W motor is cool though, even though I'm not a Chevy guy. ;)

brad2v likes this.
  14. AmishMike

AmishMike

Gee, just read all the posts that seem NOT to like your comment ( the one I agreed to ). Don't know what LMFAO means but I like rods that can turn & stop as well as go fast; not just pop wheelies in the parking lot. 4.89's are good to pop wheelies - now drive 500 hilly curved miles to a drag strip & run the quarter - oops need a roll bar, brakes & have to turn corners. excuse nasty..

15. Squablow

Squablow

T's continue to be underrated, and "T-buckets" are unfairly maligned. While I do prefer a wheelbase that puts the rear axle under the back of the deck and the front axle directly under the radiator, this car does have some cool stuff going for it.

It looks roomy too! Either it's set up really well inside, or the people in it are tiny (or both). No "gorilla in a teacup" look to this one, which is nice.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

mine has finned Buick drums on the front, at 1700lbs, my guess is, it'll outstop 98% of the cars on here. Save the ghey "Car & Driver" shit, this is a hot rod forum...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Late to the Party likes this.
  17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

LMFAO = Laughing. My. Fucking. Ass. Off.

And that's 2 subscriptions for "Ol' Skool Rods".

Two things I'd do to that T Bucket. Chop the windshield in half and throw away those gawd damn lanterns. In a perfect world, all those lanterns would have been destroyed a long time ago.

18. brad2v

brad2v

I love most of it, and can live with the goofy lanterns. But the rear axle looks silly, well, the deck sitting way out back looks silly. Otherwise, it's right as rain. And agreed regarding the arguments against lack of drivability. We ain't building Lotuses here.

19. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Wow...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. autobilly

autobilly

Dig the Motometer.

21. catdad49

catdad49

Another car that I drooled over as a youth, don't think I' kick it out of bed even now! The color, the '09 and the girl, doesn't get much better. Thanks for the T roadster Joey.

22. adam401

adam401

I've got a soft spot for t buckets. I also would want the rear wheels set back further but let me ask some of you older guys. Was that a thing that I just don't get because I wasn't there in the era seeing the car in context?

I think sometimes when you aren't actually in the era or setting that a car belongs you apply modern sense of proportion or style to something. Almost like judging it by the wrong rules. I don't know if that makes sense.

23. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Ts are awesome in their simplicity. I like em and would build a bucket in a heartbeat. I built a T modified years ago.

And given the fact the haters seem to be basement dwellers, keep on keeping on T lovers!

Late to the Party likes this.
  24. The tall windshield and cowl lamps scream "Fad-T" to me. Of course this is a mid-60's car, so the Fad-T movement was in full swing by then making it legit for the time. The other add-on doodad, the motometer, once served a purpose but the car has a full complement of gauges so it too is redundant.

25. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

please excuse me Joey ...you had it backwards when you said "like a Steve Stanford illustration come to life". Steve Stanford uses vehicles like this ,already alive,for inspiration.

26. AmishMike

AmishMike

WOW; lots of t-bucket talk. Never want to criticize another's car, I actually like it. Needs front brakes & wider tires up front. Lose the side lights; move rear wheels back a little & front axle back to just in front of Radiator. "need louvers ?" has 309 pages discussing buckets - "The bucket of ugly! a de-uglifying thread"....

dana barlow likes this.
  27. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like a well designed T, low cut windshield, turtledeck...for all intents and purposes they are not that much different than an A lowboy roadster...just different bodies.

28. town sedan

town sedan

What grabbed it for me was when I saw the rear 3/4 shot showing the axle placement. Sort of gives it an altered wheelbase look, otherwise it would just be another T, who remembers the A/FX cars?
    -Dave

29. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I guess if we are picking this T apart I can't find much. Love that orange. The cowl lamps could be ditched but that was the '60s. Don't mind where the rear wheels are mounted and yes that's where you want them for racing and ask Ivo if buckets aren't racers. The windshield could be some lower but it is leaned back some so looks fine. Can't believe nobody else hasn't mentioned it and for racing it is probably right ala Pure Hell but for pure esthetics the engine should be down an inch or two in front. Hope it's still around for someone to can keep enjoying.
    Gary

30. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i think what everybody is failing to see is the turtle deck sticks out so far because it is built to the frame dimensions of t's back then. in other words, if it had a short pickup box it would look right. i have noticed when the deck is used, the builders don't extend the frame and move the rear the same. or maybe he had a box and swapped it on occasion. or maybe he likes the altered drag car look.